CAT vs V HULL Danger Rating?

Notices

CAT vs V HULL Danger Rating?

Old 12-31-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK
I was drunk and out at night, late. came up on a piece of land and turned it as hard as i could at 80. luck no one was hurt. It threw my girl friend several hundred feet. no life jackets. Luckily a fisherman wass close by and pulled us out of the water. I had two 25 warlocks. one ran 115 with twin outboards. awesome boats very strong and great ride.
SVL-WARLOCK
Registered

Posts: 187 Let me tell you it was scary. I was n the water while the fisherman was yelling at me. he pulled my girl out first. She was crazy mad. Worst of all it was a new boat i took out of the showroom that night. I couldnt get the thing flipped back over. Each sponson is air tight, so i couldnt even sink it until i got it back to the ramp. Had to pull the plugs, sink it to the bottom, tie a rope to the cleat and flip it over on the bottom. Then tie the rope to the bow eye and pull it on the bottom up onto the trailer. I had to tow it 3 miles upside down with a deck boat to the ramp. very embarrassing. I had to clean beer cans and champagne bottles out of the water for twenty minutes also {Quote}

What would pulling the plugs do with the the hull upside down??

!! I dont usely wish anyone bad luck but drinking and riding at night with a new boat!!! WTF you should delete your post. Your my worst nightmare. Then sounds like your bragging about how stuiped you are.

Last edited by HotPursuit; 12-31-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vette131
here's a video we took right before dark when a neighbor showed up in a helicopter. would of been more fun if he could keep up!! mine doesn't lean much in the turns.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/httpww...=1452469752875
Thats one of the coolist videos I seen in a long time.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Kind of the opposite of what you are doing, I went from a 110mph 22' cat to a 70mph 29' V. Have over 200 hours behind the wheel of each and can honestly say the level of 'danger' is no different. It simply comes down to how far the driver pushes the boat in a given set of conditions. I know the closer to the limits I pushed each of my rigs (after many hours of experience behind the wheel), the pucker factor was the same. I run my Formula much harder in MUCH bigger water than I ever would in the Talon. The key is at all times within the limits of each boat and never what I would consider reckless. Just enough to get the adrenaline really pumping!

ALL boats have different capabilities and handling characteristics and need to be driven within those limits. Like was said before, the level of danger is determined by what is between the wheel and seat. Enjoy your new boat! ..and take your time pushing the limits.
Like the Formula don't know much about catsBut if you land on port or starboard hull does it recover or turn right or left?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,075 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by Rottiguy
I feel safer in a cat...
Me too
Old 01-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT
The cat will still be first to the bar

Nice new ride Kevin. Hope to see ya out in BI this summer.
Hhahahahaa, in a round about way, you answered my question perfectly! We will deff. see you in Block. 4195 just bought his Tiger, so hopfully some long weekends in BI this summer.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,075 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
Like the Formula don't know much about catsBut if you land on port or starboard hull does it recover or turn right or left?
Good cats generally just bounce back to being level
Old 01-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
Recovers. My Talon had a center pod which gave handling characteristics something between a cat and V. I drove a 28' Skater (true tunnel, no pod) and it handled great and would recover fine. You just don't want to do anything stupid with the steering wheel like over-correct, etc...

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 01-01-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I have owned ten cats over the years. I have blown engines, drives, transmission and even lost props. In every instance the boat simply slowed down. The worst was a blown number six at 150 mph, again slowed down. Made one heck of a noise and grinding. A skilled cat driver can run faster in rough water than a v hull. Many cats will lean into the turns slightly such as Skater and MTI.
Ditto X2
Old 01-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hot pursuit
look I was just being honest. Not bragging.
I am not stupid by any stretch.
I made some mistakes and posted so maybe someone else wont do the same.
Also, take a look at a boat upside down in the water. The bow is sticking up and the stern, the back end, is under water. But hey you called me stupid.
Hope you have a Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by TahoeRick
Brad, I just checked out your site. Looks great, but I am hard pressed to come up with the $2500 fee plus travel expenses to Lake Tahoe from Florida and back. Maybe by the time it warms up things will be different...

Rick
No reason to go to florida they have classes out here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.