CAT vs V HULL Danger Rating? >

CAT vs V HULL Danger Rating?

Notices

CAT vs V HULL Danger Rating?

Old 01-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TahoeRick
Excuse me, but a $4000 safety course? $2500 for the course and then add in travel from Florida to Nevada - and back, and lodging! I expected to have to pay for boat insurance, and more than any other boat I have owned. I just want to get an accredited boat course that is within reason. I do not plan of paying for someones Maui vacation to give me a 4- 8 hr boat course.

Rick
Rick where are you getting this $4000 ?????? It's $2500 plus airfare/lodging-- and its no vacation. When brad came down he was driving a ford echo and staying in a very reasonable/cheap hotel room. Depending on how many people are in the class, you can be paying less than $150 his travel. 4-8 hours???? Dude, 8 hours is the first day ALONE. Thats just classes by the way. Another hour or so traveling to your boat and doing pre-checks on your boat to make sure your equipments ready. Sounds like your going about this all wrong. You cant trust the guys pre-sets, his driving skills and yours are completly different. Also, no accredited boating course is going to help better your driving skills. Jesus, even the Coast Guard hired the boat school to teach them!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:11 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Rick where are you getting this $4000 ?????? It's $2500 plus airfare/lodging-- and its no vacation. When brad came down he was driving a ford echo and staying in a very reasonable/cheap hotel room. Depending on how many people are in the class, you can be paying less than $150 his travel. 4-8 hours???? Dude, 8 hours is the first day ALONE. Thats just classes by the way. Another hour or so traveling to your boat and doing pre-checks on your boat to make sure your equipments ready. Sounds like your going about this all wrong. You cant trust the guys pre-sets, his driving skills and yours are completly different. Also, no accredited boating course is going to help better your driving skills. Jesus, even the Coast Guard hired the boat school to teach them!!!
Jason,

You just spoiled my Rep. Fly Private, Exotic Rentals, and High End Hotels with your BLACK CARD!
BTW don’t forget to call me when you hit MiaLuaderdale This weekend we may be testing some fast cats. You get a ride if your here.

Reality is both Tres and I are very conscious of the additional costs and travel very economically. Even with the government’s money we keep it cheap.

In addition to the Coast Guard Training we are now doing work with the Navy Special Warfare Groups.

Tuition is based upon value and when measured is incredibly inexpensive as the experience lasts a life time and the product has repeatability based upon how often and dedicated you are at applying the skills learned.
Unlike a traditional product or service where the customer would repeat patronage for a good product, our measurement of success is the customer/student meets the minimum demonstrated performance and never returns, they take the service provided and use it for the rest of their life. Therefore the value of the boat school is incredible good and the cost based upon use is very low.

This is measureable not a opinion.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TahoeRick
Excuse me, but a $4000 safety course? $2500 for the course and then add in travel from Florida to Nevada - and back, and lodging! I expected to have to pay for boat insurance, and more than any other boat I have owned. I just want to get an accredited boat course that is within reason. I do not plan of paying for someones Maui vacation to give me a 4- 8 hr boat course.

Rick

I took the course for the slower v's...I weighed it out too...trust me it's worth it!!!! If or when I move on to cats I will call them again... Like I said , hands down best money I ever spent on safety!!!!! they are one on one with you in YOUR boat. they can help you with bad driving skills you may not even know you have. try and get a few other guys in your area together and it'll be a little less expensive. Just my .02 here.

Craig
Old 01-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Registered

Hey Rick,
I frequent both Tahoe and Folsom all summer long as well as some other friends with performance boats.
Let me know when your going out and I'll try to plan a few of us to get wet with ya.
Ryan
(916) 698-0571
Old 01-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Registered

Hey...

You guys have some bad-a** boats for sure!

If you do go out to Folsom, Discovery Park, or Discovery Bay, I'd hop in on that too...

Somehow let all of us know who are local to this area and we will show up.

It would be nice to blow out the egg-beater boats at Folsom anyway! LOL!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Haley'sComet
It would be nice to blow out the egg-beater boats at Folsom anyway! LOL!
Hey now...
Old 01-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Registered

Ummm...

I meant the little egg-beater boats!

LOL!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Registered

Oh...

And the tower boat dudes too....
Old 01-24-2011, 06:25 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
?....As far as turning: My cat will lean inward a little when you're turning as well....
Same here it will lean in if you go fast enough.... Above 45-50...

Here is how it looks in mine. At about the 4 minute mark running 85-90 mph.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buVvxpjq2Pg[/YOUTUBE]
Old 01-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ShadBurke
I believe there was an incident several years back when a HTM demo went wrong causing something similar to what has been described to you. Very rare I believe.
I think they were testing a new 30' Cat twin screw without interior at Lake Castake CA.
I did not find the answer but Drivers found one Motor & drive 15 feet from the boat and the Hull had a hole in the side. It was guessed at the time they were doing 80 mph when it happened. 4 of the 5 aboard Died.
M~R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.