Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   future's most collectible boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244949-futures-most-collectible-boats.html)

IlmorDonzi 01-03-2011 01:12 PM

future's most collectible boats

I just read the yahoo article on the future's most collectible cars.

Is there/will there be a future's most collectible boat list? And with what motors? Ilmors, Mercurys, etc.???????

Have to be a limited production. And now with Reggie out of Fountain..................

SS930 01-03-2011 01:16 PM

Generally speaking, boats aren't collectible like cars are. If you want to buy a boat that will always have some value, buy an aluminum boat... at least it will always have scrap value. ;)

fantastixvoyage 01-03-2011 02:00 PM

Only ones I can think of are the modern takes on the old wooden boats. Flat out works of art. The craftsmanship puts all offshores to shame.

Interceptor 01-03-2011 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 3287828)
Only ones I can think of are the modern takes on the old wooden boats. Flat out works of art. The craftsmanship puts all offshores to shame.

Got that right. I'll take varnished wood over billet speaker covers and crayola paint jobs.
ed

Catmando 01-03-2011 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 3287828)

Powerboat mag did an article on John Elway's 36' wooden boat with Ilmor 710s. I think it ran 75? Awesome craftmanship.

BLee 01-03-2011 03:00 PM

I think "some" of the best Skaters will be sought after once Peter decides to hang it up. I don't mean they'll "appreciate" in price, but that they will still be in the top few years down the road, like Apaches, etc. I don't know of anyone Peter is "apprenticing", so it could be over when/if Peter decides he's tired of it.

HIGH LIFE 01-03-2011 06:39 PM

The DONZI CLASSICS are being collected as we speak !!! "HIGH LIFE"

pm203 01-03-2011 06:43 PM

Any boat that Jupiter Sunsation owned. After all, he is the most knowlegeable person on the planet concerning porti-potties in boats. :D

Jupiter Sunsation 01-03-2011 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by pm203 (Post 3288077)
Any boat that Jupiter Sunsation owned. After all, he is the most knowlegeable person on the planet concerning porti-potties in boats. :D

Nah, just a guy that thinks they look stupid in the center of the cabin with a logo on them!

Paul you should add another comment to your ad, "soon to be collectible." I though of your boat when this thread started. Think about it, it has never been in salt, never rolled over so that would make the boat the only Gladiator that hasn't been exposed to those two common evils whereas the rest of them have done one or the other, and in a few cases both! :grinser010:

HiPerf360 01-03-2011 06:50 PM

I think it will be that new 9-11 commemorative coin boat... It is made from .999 pure silver plate :offtopic: