Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   330MM Mega Millions...........Miami Boat show = Dangerous Buying Spree! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244957-330mm-mega-millions-miami-boat-show-%3D-dangerous-buying-spree.html)

Knot 4 Me 01-04-2011 11:59 AM

House in LOTO located between the dam and 4MM or in Porta Cima at the 14MM, 39 Top Gun Unlimited with 700's/#6's, Formula 350SS with Axius, 26' Playcraft toon w/twin 150HP 4-strokes.

Rattlesnake Jake 01-04-2011 12:33 PM

Latest #s..:kiss:

Mega Millions jackpot climbs to near-record $355M
A ticket buying frenzy has caused tonight's Mega Millions jackpot to jump to $355 million. "It's bringing people out of the woodworks to buy tickets," said Abbey Brewer,…

Jupiter Sunsation 01-04-2011 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me (Post 3288551)
House in LOTO located between the dam and 4MM or in Porta Cima at the 14MM, 39 Top Gun Unlimited with 700's/#6's, Formula 350SS with Axius, 26' Playcraft toon w/twin 150HP 4-strokes.

Bag the Formula, get a 54 Searay with diesels/pod drives! You can't buy the same boat as Mental.....You need to be the big fish on that lake! :D

Jupiter Sunsation 01-04-2011 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake (Post 3288570)
Latest #s..:kiss:

Mega Millions jackpot climbs to near-record $355M
A ticket buying frenzy has caused tonight's Mega Millions jackpot to jump to $355 million. "It's bringing people out of the woodworks to buy tickets," said Abbey Brewer,…

NICE!

Knot 4 Me 01-04-2011 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3288583)
Bag the Formula, get a 54 Searay with diesels/pod drives! You can't buy the same boat as Mental.....You need to be the big fish on that lake! :D

I've driven that boat enough on LOTO to know it is about the perfect LOTO boat for what I do. Hard to dock a 54 Sea Ray at Franky and Louies.

Gary864 01-04-2011 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me (Post 3288629)
I've driven that boat enough on LOTO to know it is about the perfect LOTO boat for what I do. Hard to dock a 54 Sea Ray at Franky and Louies.

If you won this kinda of money you could buy them too and add dock space for the bigger boat :lolhit:

314joey 01-04-2011 03:02 PM

Just bought my tickets a litte while from the gas station up the street, guess I'll be taking the after taxes $120,000,000 million (rough estimate) one time cash pay, might as well pay Uncle Sam right away and get it over with, then it's " PAR-T-TIME :evilb:

Jupiter Sunsation 01-04-2011 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by 314joey (Post 3288661)
Just bought my tickets a litte while from the gas station up the street, guess I'll be taking the after taxes $120,000,000 million (rough estimate) one time cash pay, might as well pay Uncle Sam right away and get it over with, then it's " PAR-T-TIME :evilb:

Closer to 137MM.......figuring 223MM cash, 6% state and 35% federal taxes.

LaughingCat 01-04-2011 03:35 PM

People's lives go sour after winning because they forget the value of a dollar. Many times, they get themselves strung out on payment plans. After a few years, every dime coming in is earmarked for a previous expense. So they checks come in, but hey have nothing to live on. Of course, their friends all know they won big money and want their piece. When the winner doesn't share, friend no more.

If I won the lottery, I would have a legal representative pick it up for me. Do my best to keep it a secret. Fortunately, already making very good money so people would assume the increased lifestyle was a result of that, not lottery. That way, they won't bang on my door looking for their hand-outs.

Jupiter Sunsation 01-04-2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by LaughingCat (Post 3288691)
People's lives go sour after winning because they forget the value of a dollar. Many times, they get themselves strung out on payment plans. After a few years, every dime coming in is earmarked for a previous expense. So they checks come in, but hey have nothing to live on. Of course, their friends all know they won big money and want their piece. When the winner doesn't share, friend no more.

If I won the lottery, I would have a legal representative pick it up for me. Do my best to keep it a secret. Fortunately, already making very good money so people would assume the increased lifestyle was a result of that, not lottery. That way, they won't bang on my door looking for their hand-outs.

Good plan on part A..............but "already making good money" is probably a bit short of this kind of coin! :D

Only suckers tell people they won the lottery. The 2011 Blind Trust collected the check would be pretty anonymous! A big jackpot was just claimed that way in Michigan a few months ago.