Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
330MM Mega Millions...........Miami Boat show = Dangerous Buying Spree! >

330MM Mega Millions...........Miami Boat show = Dangerous Buying Spree!

Notices

330MM Mega Millions...........Miami Boat show = Dangerous Buying Spree!

Old 01-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
House in LOTO located between the dam and 4MM or in Porta Cima at the 14MM, 39 Top Gun Unlimited with 700's/#6's, Formula 350SS with Axius, 26' Playcraft toon w/twin 150HP 4-strokes.
Bag the Formula, get a 54 Searay with diesels/pod drives! You can't buy the same boat as Mental.....You need to be the big fish on that lake!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Latest #s..

Mega Millions jackpot climbs to near-record $355M
A ticket buying frenzy has caused tonight's Mega Millions jackpot to jump to $355 million. "It's bringing people out of the woodworks to buy tickets," said Abbey Brewer,…
NICE!
Old 01-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Bag the Formula, get a 54 Searay with diesels/pod drives! You can't buy the same boat as Mental.....You need to be the big fish on that lake!
I've driven that boat enough on LOTO to know it is about the perfect LOTO boat for what I do. Hard to dock a 54 Sea Ray at Franky and Louies.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I've driven that boat enough on LOTO to know it is about the perfect LOTO boat for what I do. Hard to dock a 54 Sea Ray at Franky and Louies.
If you won this kinda of money you could buy them too and add dock space for the bigger boat
Old 01-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought my tickets a litte while from the gas station up the street, guess I'll be taking the after taxes $120,000,000 million (rough estimate) one time cash pay, might as well pay Uncle Sam right away and get it over with, then it's " PAR-T-TIME
Old 01-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 314joey
Just bought my tickets a litte while from the gas station up the street, guess I'll be taking the after taxes $120,000,000 million (rough estimate) one time cash pay, might as well pay Uncle Sam right away and get it over with, then it's " PAR-T-TIME
Closer to 137MM.......figuring 223MM cash, 6% state and 35% federal taxes.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Registered

People's lives go sour after winning because they forget the value of a dollar. Many times, they get themselves strung out on payment plans. After a few years, every dime coming in is earmarked for a previous expense. So they checks come in, but hey have nothing to live on. Of course, their friends all know they won big money and want their piece. When the winner doesn't share, friend no more.

If I won the lottery, I would have a legal representative pick it up for me. Do my best to keep it a secret. Fortunately, already making very good money so people would assume the increased lifestyle was a result of that, not lottery. That way, they won't bang on my door looking for their hand-outs.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
People's lives go sour after winning because they forget the value of a dollar. Many times, they get themselves strung out on payment plans. After a few years, every dime coming in is earmarked for a previous expense. So they checks come in, but hey have nothing to live on. Of course, their friends all know they won big money and want their piece. When the winner doesn't share, friend no more.

If I won the lottery, I would have a legal representative pick it up for me. Do my best to keep it a secret. Fortunately, already making very good money so people would assume the increased lifestyle was a result of that, not lottery. That way, they won't bang on my door looking for their hand-outs.

Good plan on part A..............but "already making good money" is probably a bit short of this kind of coin!

Only suckers tell people they won the lottery. The 2011 Blind Trust collected the check would be pretty anonymous! A big jackpot was just claimed that way in Michigan a few months ago.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Registered

Good plan on part A..............but "already making good money" is probably a bit short of this kind of coin!

Only suckers tell people they won the lottery. The 2011 Blind Trust collected the check would be pretty anonymous! A big jackpot was just claimed that way in Michigan a few months ago.
True, not making that kind of money, but doing pretty well nonetheless.

However, I would buy a rig that runs in tandem with Freedom US1 (shout-out to Mr. Lee) and a large convertible fishing yacht, maybe 70' with a cabin so the wife can drop the idea of my cat having a cabin.

Last edited by LaughingCat; 01-04-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Closer to 137MM.......figuring 223MM cash, 6% state and 35% federal taxes.
I was being ultra ultra conservative, but OK I'll take that, I'll let everybody know tomorrow that I won, "NOT"

Hey, ya gotta dream big, somebody's gonna win it, might as well be me and yes I would go out and make a few boat builders real happy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.