Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Frisini Motorsports Feature (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244962-frisini-motorsports-feature.html)

Matt Trulio 01-03-2011 03:34 PM

Frisini Motorsports Feature

Definitely taking a bold approach in a tricky market, http://features.boats.com/boat-conte...o-fast-empire/.

Like most of you, I have high hopes for Frisini's success.

caseyh 01-03-2011 03:54 PM

115,000 for a NEW 31 with twins not bad

tzrider 01-03-2011 06:38 PM

Just an observation but doesn't the pricing seem a bit skewed? I'm purely assuming the sonic has inboards but if not it still seems lopsided. A 32 spectre with twin 300xs's is 200k, reasonable for sure but still a pretty basic set-up in terms of equipment and rigging. Then you have a 31 Sonic at 115k, assuming it has twin inboards, even if they are small blocks the package price with drives is quite a bit more than a pair of 300xs outboards. Then you have Tabs??? maybe, and a cabin, even if it's basic it's more than what the cat has ( no cabin). Long story short why the big price difference.

prred 01-03-2011 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by tzrider (Post 3288072)
Just an observation but doesn't the pricing seem a bit skewed? I'm purely assuming the sonic has inboards but if not it still seems lopsided. A 32 spectre with twin 300xs's is 200k, reasonable for sure but still a pretty basic set-up in terms of equipment and rigging. Then you have a 31 Sonic at 115k, assuming it has twin inboards, even if they are small blocks the package price with drives is quite a bit more than a pair of 300xs outboards. Then you have Tabs??? maybe, and a cabin, even if it's basic it's more than what the cat has ( no cabin). Long story short why the big price difference.

Although I am new to this posting stuff, I have heard from my brother and other friends, there is a lot that is "skewed" in this Frisini, Sonic, Spectre and whatever they take over next deal. How does someone completely unknown to the industry come in and take over in such a small amount of time? What happen to real "old timers"?

Jupiter Sunsation 01-03-2011 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by tzrider (Post 3288072)

I suspect the 31 twin engine Sonic is a center console w/OB's

Jupiter Sunsation 01-03-2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 3287902)
Definitely taking a bold approach in a tricky market, http://features.boats.com/boat-conte...o-fast-empire/.

Like most of you, I have high hopes for Frisini's success.

Big plans.....

Is John Cunnigham the same guy from Hustler Powerboats?

No mention of Jay Pilini despite the original name for the partnership 1/2 Frisina and 1/2 Pilini = Frisini

Jupiter Sunsation 01-03-2011 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by prred (Post 3288135)
Although I am new to this posting stuff, I have heard from my brother and other friends, there is a lot that is "skewed" in this Frisini, Sonic, Spectre and whatever they take over next deal. How does someone completely unknown to the industry come in and take over in such a small amount of time? What happen to real "old timers"?

Easily, he offers to write a check to the former owners and they get to bail from the business with money in hand! Matt does note all of the acquisitions were not exactly prime business models (poor sales).

OL40SVX 01-03-2011 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3288146)
Big plans.....

Is John Cunnigham the same guy from Hustler Powerboats?

No mention of Jay Pilini despite the original name for the partnership 1/2 Frisina and 1/2 Pilini = Frisini

I dont believe he's with Huster anymore and Jay isnt involved with them any more. IMHO there is no Spectre without Jay.

TeamSaris 01-03-2011 08:13 PM

I wouldnt own a Spectre that Jay didnt build

us1kw 01-03-2011 08:20 PM

"No mention of Jay Pilini despite the original name for the partnership 1/2 Frisina and 1/2 Pilini = Frisini
Easily, he offers to write a check to the former owners and they get to bail from the business with money in hand! "

I voluntarily left Frisini Motorsports due to differences in opinion and business practices. There is currently litigation regarding the Spectre name and logo as I trademarked it some time ago.

I am continuing to serve my past customers as well as future customers as Spectre Offshore Performance.
www.spectreoffshore.com
727-421-9495
Thank you for your support!
Jay Pilini