Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Round 2 in the Manatee battle (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24508-round-2-manatee-battle.html)

Dean Ferry 05-16-2002 07:41 AM

Round 2 in the Manatee battle

Well,
CFW and the cities of Titusville and Cocoa Beach have decided to Appeal the AJL's BIASED ruling!!!

http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/localstoryA19322A.htm

FL. Boaters, PLEASE notice the 6/6/02 Boater's rally to raise $25,000 for the legal defense fund!! We need your support, and you need to help yourselves! If we lose this appeal, then this lawsuit will become case law, (the way I understand this, maybe phkylawyer can weigh in on this subject), and if that ahppens, it is almost set in stone!! Fl. boaters please remember, what happens in Brevard Co. will set the precedent for the rest of Fl.!!
Go to www.cfwbrevard.org and join and "Step up to the plate" and defend your boating rights, AND help out the Manatee at the same time! It's now or NEVER!!:eek:
Enough said,
MD

supercrash 05-16-2002 09:57 AM

Dean...I really hope that Jeb Bush is one of the problems in your Manatee fight...I would love to see that crook voted out...:) .....Who would be the best Governer for your state on this issue...?...The elections are coming and I belive your choices are Jeb , Janet Reno , or one other guy...I think Bill is his name..?..Find out who is on your side and then rally the votes...good luck

mlitefan 05-16-2002 10:07 AM

Supercrash...with your obsession with Jeb, you really should move to Florida where you can purge your anger at the voting booth...

Get over it dude...The thread isn't about Jeb Bush...it's about more liberal BS and boaters taking the brunt of it. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Get off it and let Dean rally the troops where HE lives...you have plenty to worry about in your own back yard...your crap is old and tired…

Iggy 05-16-2002 10:09 AM

Jeb or Janet???

I wouldn't vote for either one.
I always vote for the one I feel would do the best job, non-partisan.
If it comes down to those two, I'll stay home.

I know, no vote - no voice.

CigDaze 05-16-2002 10:32 AM

Unfortunately, you're right Iggy.
This may be the first time I can't even figure out which is the lesser of two evils...:rolleyes:

I read the article, Dean. :mad: :mad:
Where's this "Kiwanis Island Park?"

Dean Ferry 05-16-2002 10:34 AM

Iggy,
Use your vote as protest! I have always voted republican, BUT I can't vote for JEB, (Just Eliminate Boating), so I'll vote independent.
I just got off the phone with Tom Mcgill, one of the original petetioners who is appealing, and he said that CFW is trying to collect $30,000 right now to support the appeal, and that CFW is seeking donations of any amount, but CFW members are being asked to donate $150 each. I just wrote my check and sent it to him!:cool:
I hate to keep preaching and BEGGING Fl. Boaters to get involved here, BUT this is the point of NO RETURN!! We will be in front of a 3 judge panel and IF we lose here, it's all over for ALL FL. BOATERS!

CFW is also going to protest on Memorial Day, (5/27/02) from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM in the Barge canal. We will be a flotila that will tranverse the barge canal, end to end. The USFWS, FFWCC, the USCG, the Sheriff's patrol will all be out in force to inforce these new zones that we are appealing. There will be no civil disobedience, just a LARGE display of unhappy boater/voter/citizens!!! :mad: I'm thinking about taking the mufflers off my boat!
MD:D

Dean Ferry 05-16-2002 10:37 AM

Nick,
It's about 1.5 miles, by water, from our dock! IF you are interested in coming over for the rally, you and Erin are always welcome @ the Ferrys!!:D Hell, we'll launch the Velocity and boat down to the rally!!
Come on over!!
MD

CigDaze 05-16-2002 10:41 AM

Thanks Dean...And the same welcome goes for you and yours with us.

I was thinking about going out there, but I just pulled up the calander but Thursday, I'm afraid, is out of the question. :(

supercrash 05-16-2002 10:55 AM

Mlite...thanks for adding to the thread..Your input was very constructive...

Dean who is the independent....And ...You have mufflers..?..:D

Dean Ferry 05-16-2002 10:55 AM

BD,
I can understand, and thanks for the invite also. If you can't make it in person, maybe you can donate towards the cause. Sorry, don't mean to put you on the spot, no pressure from me, but it's in your best interest also bud!:D
MD