Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is there anyone else besides copycatcovers for vinyl work???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/245112-there-anyone-else-besides-copycatcovers-vinyl-work.html)

Haley'sComet 01-05-2011 08:56 PM

Is there anyone else besides copycatcovers for vinyl work????

I'm not one to bash on anybody's business, but I've tried reaching this company (copycatcovers.com) 4 separate times, I've sent them the quote sheet from their website for my boat, and I have tried calling...

I know there was a post on these guys awhile back, but are they for real?

Does anyone know of a similiar type of company who does this type of work?

Many thanks in advance!

CMC 01-06-2011 06:47 AM

Call PPI in Sarasota Fl.. They sometimes take in piece work. I sent them my stuff a few years back and the work was awesome !

LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS 01-06-2011 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Haley'sComet (Post 3289766)
I'm not one to bash on anybody's business, but I've tried reaching this company (copycatcovers.com) 4 separate times, I've sent them the quote sheet from their website for my boat, and I have tried calling...

I know there was a post on these guys awhile back, but are they for real?

Does anyone know of a similiar type of company who does this type of work?

Many thanks in advance!

We do upholstery work. Feel free to call me if you are still looking.

I will forewarn you tho, if you are looking to work solely off of your old skins this is usually a bad idea & usually ends up with improperly fitting items.

Vinyl has a tenancy to distort & shrink after years. The same with covers. Ever notice that a cover that fit fine for years now has a snap or more that is tough or impossible to get snapped?? I would really be leery of anyplace that says just send us your old skins or covers & we can re do them.. It's not so much the redoing that is an issue, it is fitments and looking proper when installed that is the stuff that counts..

Anyway, I am here if you need or want to call me.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628

BTW, there is some upholstery work we have done oun our site.. ;)
www.LakesideRestorations.com

tgersx 01-06-2011 08:41 AM

Call Jeff at Al's Custom Interiors, he does awesome work and most of the interiors for Outerlimits. They are in NJ 609-267-4255.

LAriverratt 01-06-2011 09:01 AM

([email protected]) I haven't used them yet but here is the contact info for ya...they also have a web site http://www.carriecovers.com/home1.php

XT-Innovator 01-08-2011 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS (Post 3289969)
I will forewarn you tho, if you are looking to work solely off of your old skins this is usually a bad idea & usually ends up with improperly fitting items.

Vinyl has a tenancy to distort & shrink after years. The same with covers. Ever notice that a cover that fit fine for years now has a snap or more that is tough or impossible to get snapped?? I would really be leery of anyplace that says just send us your old skins or covers & we can re do them.. It's not so much the redoing that is an issue, it is fitments and looking proper when installed that is the stuff that counts..

+1

I would agree with Jamie on this statement that it is always best to have the whole boat, but in the wrong hands that can be dangerous too. Looks like everyone suggested is a cross country trip from CA. Ask to see work they have done in advance, or a customer reference. Hope it goes well with whoever you select.

XT

SkiDoc 01-09-2011 06:40 AM

The guy who used to do DCB's interiors struck out on his own. I think there was an article in powerboat about a Howard he redid. Ought to be in good shape with him.