Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is there anyone else besides copycatcovers for vinyl work???? >

Is there anyone else besides copycatcovers for vinyl work????

Notices

Is there anyone else besides copycatcovers for vinyl work????

Old 01-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there anyone else besides copycatcovers for vinyl work????

I'm not one to bash on anybody's business, but I've tried reaching this company (copycatcovers.com) 4 separate times, I've sent them the quote sheet from their website for my boat, and I have tried calling...

I know there was a post on these guys awhile back, but are they for real?

Does anyone know of a similiar type of company who does this type of work?

Many thanks in advance!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:47 AM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call PPI in Sarasota Fl.. They sometimes take in piece work. I sent them my stuff a few years back and the work was awesome !
Old 01-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Haley'sComet
I'm not one to bash on anybody's business, but I've tried reaching this company (copycatcovers.com) 4 separate times, I've sent them the quote sheet from their website for my boat, and I have tried calling...

I know there was a post on these guys awhile back, but are they for real?

Does anyone know of a similiar type of company who does this type of work?

Many thanks in advance!

We do upholstery work. Feel free to call me if you are still looking.

I will forewarn you tho, if you are looking to work solely off of your old skins this is usually a bad idea & usually ends up with improperly fitting items.

Vinyl has a tenancy to distort & shrink after years. The same with covers. Ever notice that a cover that fit fine for years now has a snap or more that is tough or impossible to get snapped?? I would really be leery of anyplace that says just send us your old skins or covers & we can re do them.. It's not so much the redoing that is an issue, it is fitments and looking proper when installed that is the stuff that counts..

Anyway, I am here if you need or want to call me..

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628

BTW, there is some upholstery work we have done oun our site..
www.LakesideRestorations.com
Old 01-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Jeff at Al's Custom Interiors, he does awesome work and most of the interiors for Outerlimits. They are in NJ 609-267-4255.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

([email protected]) I haven't used them yet but here is the contact info for ya...they also have a web site http://www.carriecovers.com/home1.php
Old 01-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS
I will forewarn you tho, if you are looking to work solely off of your old skins this is usually a bad idea & usually ends up with improperly fitting items.

Vinyl has a tenancy to distort & shrink after years. The same with covers. Ever notice that a cover that fit fine for years now has a snap or more that is tough or impossible to get snapped?? I would really be leery of anyplace that says just send us your old skins or covers & we can re do them.. It's not so much the redoing that is an issue, it is fitments and looking proper when installed that is the stuff that counts..
+1

I would agree with Jamie on this statement that it is always best to have the whole boat, but in the wrong hands that can be dangerous too. Looks like everyone suggested is a cross country trip from CA. Ask to see work they have done in advance, or a customer reference. Hope it goes well with whoever you select.

XT
Old 01-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

The guy who used to do DCB's interiors struck out on his own. I think there was an article in powerboat about a Howard he redid. Ought to be in good shape with him.