Like Tree0Likes

Are there any party's/ get togethers after the Miami boat show?

Reply
Old 01-06-2011, 05:29 PM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (1)
 
whoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lakewood OH
My Boats: Baja
Posts: 1,028
Default Are there any party's/ get togethers after the Miami boat show?

Our first time down for the show and wondering whats going on in the evening. What bars to hit?
Is Fri. show only for the special people?
Is the in water worth seeing and is there a fee for that?
Thanks
whoya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:41 PM
  #2
Registered
 
PhantomChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bell Canyon, CA
My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
Posts: 12,756
Default

If you are there long enough do the in-water too!
PhantomChaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:29 AM
  #3
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
neva satisfied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maine
My Boats: Donzi
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoya View Post
Our first time down for the show and wondering whats going on in the evening. What bars to hit?
Is Fri. show only for the special people?
Is the in water worth seeing and is there a fee for that?
Thanks



I just read this in a glance, is Friday's show not a day for the general public? I hope not because that would really put a wrench in my plans for the weekend!
neva satisfied is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:26 AM
  #4
OSO OG
Gold Member
 
DollaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blue Martini Hall of Fame
My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010
Posts: 7,031
Default

I havent looked at the exact schedule but normally Thurs is VIP day (just a more expensive ticket with fewer people). There are tons of parties and be sure to attend the "OSO" party and put names and faces with screen nanmes here. Always a BLAST. Also don't miss the in-water areas for the yachts and then head over to the Marriott marina to check out the in-water display of perf boats.

I consider Miami the "Superbowl" of boat shows. Have a blast
DollaBill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:11 PM
  #5
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
neva satisfied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maine
My Boats: Donzi
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollaBill View Post
I havent looked at the exact schedule but normally Thurs is VIP day (just a more expensive ticket with fewer people). There are tons of parties and be sure to attend the "OSO" party and put names and faces with screen nanmes here. Always a BLAST. Also don't miss the in-water areas for the yachts and then head over to the Marriott marina to check out the in-water display of perf boats.

I consider Miami the "Superbowl" of boat shows. Have a blast


So all the performance boats in the water are at the Marriott?
How far from the convention center is that?
neva satisfied is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:17 PM
  #6
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 2004 25 Outlaw SST
Posts: 1,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollaBill View Post
be sure to attend the "OSO" party
When and where is this?
Baja_man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:07 PM
  #7
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member
 
bcschoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: FLORIDA
My Boats: T/S TG
Posts: 910
Default

Florida Powerboat Club Bash in South Beach the night of the 18th. Boat Show Poker Run 24th-27th.

There will be a boat show to coincide with the Miami Fast Boys party from Febuary 17th-27th!!!
bcschoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:34 PM
  #8
Registered
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (1)
 
whoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lakewood OH
My Boats: Baja
Posts: 1,028
Talking

As asked, where is the OSO Party?

Last edited by whoya; 01-07-2011 at 09:06 PM.
whoya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:08 PM
  #9
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Anywhere from the Laguna Madre to JAX and beyond
My Boats: glasstream
Posts: 1,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neva satisfied View Post
So all the performance boats in the water are at the Marriott?
How far from the convention center is that?
They have free shuttles that run between the two.
I usually park the rent car at the public garage across the street from the Marriott and take shuttle to convention center. that way i can hang out at the marina twice a day.
In the water is free at marriott is free then the usual $15 for a single day at convention center. there are multi day tickets also. So let the stone crabs and rum drinks roll!!!
chuckbeecher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.