Notices

Catalina Ski Race

Old 05-16-2002, 11:40 AM
bgchuby

Default Catalina Ski Race

HEY EVERYONE. THE BGCHUBY IS LOOKING FOR A SKIER FOR THE RACE THIS YEAR. YOU WOULD BE PULLED BY THE WIDEST AND BIGGEST BOAT WITH THE SMOOTHEST WAKE. WE CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH AN AVERAGE SPEED OF 42 TO 44 MPH WITH THE BEST NAVIGATION POSSIBLE. WE HAVE 42 MILE RADAR, GPS, CHARTPLOTER, AND AUTOPILOT COUPLED TO THE GPS. NO MATTER HOW FOGGY IT IS YOU WILL GET THE STRAIGHT LINE TO THE ISLAND AND BACK. WE HAVE RUN THIS RACE THE LAST FIVE YEARS IN THE MASTERS CLASS AND HAVE FINISHED IN THE TOP 3. THE BOAT IS A 38FT SEA RAY WHICH WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE COMFORT YOU COULD ASK FOR. WHILE YOU ARE SKIING YOUR WAY TO CATALINA THE OBSERVER, NAVIGATOR, AND DRIVER WILL BE PASSING THE GREY POUPON TO THE OTHER RACERS. SERIOUSLY IF YOU CAN'T SKI 80MPH AND WANT TO RACE CALL ME AT 909-*********. I WILL PAY ALL EXPENSES FOR THE BOAT EXCEPT YOUR ENTRY FEE. THANKS

Old 05-16-2002, 12:48 PM
rick32

Jeff,
How long would it take to finnish that race in your boat.....?
Rick32

Old 05-16-2002, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick....do the math. If a boat is moving at 44 MPH, and the round trip is 62 miles, that would be almost 1 hour and 25 minutes. But if you have to make an average of 4-5 stops to pass some Grey Poupon to some of the other racers that have broken down in their high performance boats, thrown a belt, broken a drive, seized a motor, stuffed the bow…….then that would play into the equation too.
Old 05-16-2002, 04:30 PM
bgchuby

It should take about 1 1/2 hour depending on the skier. Remember all I do is set the autopilot and sit down and eat a sandwich. We should find some strippers for the observer and the navigator. I'll post the bgchubby inflatable on the bow.