Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   47 Fountain Lightning (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/245336-47-fountain-lightning.html)

excursion 01-13-2011 08:06 PM

40 grand!!! hahaha, I really want to be his mechanic if that's what he spent. Duct tape would have done a better job.

Jupiter Sunsation 01-13-2011 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by excursion (Post 3296885)
40 grand!!! hahaha, I really want to be his mechanic if that's what he spent. Duct tape would have done a better job.

Was it still in the big yellow drystack in Riviera Beach (Loggerhead Marina)? If so they have to be getting $750 a month+

VetteSteve 01-13-2011 08:08 PM

That is what is great about the sharing of information on the site. Saving other boater's time and money!

excursion 01-13-2011 08:14 PM

Yes, it was there. They might as well buy a lifetime membership.

ozarkdevil 01-13-2011 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by excursion (Post 3296897)
Yes, it was there. They might as well buy a lifetime membership.

I was told it coast $900/month to store it there.

Did Roland, Ron or Marv show you the boat? Did you take it for a ride or just look at it?

I was suppose to go look at it next week, Roland was suppose to be out of town on a business trip. He told me to book my flight that no one else was looking at it. I'm glad I didn't waste my money.

Jupiter Sunsation 01-13-2011 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by ozarkdevil (Post 3296922)
I was told it coast $900/month to store it there.

It probably does.....that place has always been too expensive!

Jupiter Sunsation 01-14-2011 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by excursion (Post 3296833)
OK guys sit down with your popcorn and enjoy!!!!!!

I just got back from a long weekend trip to look at this boat with a friend. First off a lot of wasted airfare and time to see this boat when we could have been looking at others. This boat is misrepresented in every way and the add is false. Typical used car salesman add.

The boat DOES NOT have new exhaust at all, it has been welded with the skill of a third grader. There was a 6-8inch weld on the top of the port motor pipe and each of the collars was welded and some still leaking.
Almost all the heads have been removed and welded from the corrosion by the same third grader and the worst machine job I have ever seen.
Look at the pictures, there is a generator on the boat, got there asked where it was they said it had rusted away and he would put another one in for 5 grand, WTF!!!!!
Moisture damage in the floor of the cockpit and a little in the cabin.
We saw all this and just left pissed off that we had been suckered.

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS BOAT.... I would not pay 50k for this boat!!!

I just don't want anyone else to spend there hard earned money to go see this boat.
Hope this helps to potential buyers.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o29405-en.html

eddie 01-14-2011 10:57 AM

I've looked a ton of boats over the year, most the deals that look too good to be true are. Someones 10 is my 3, boat is rode hard and put away wet, gels never been waxed. Hard to think someone will pay over $400k for a boat and not take care of it. Nice someone else checked it out and posted to save people time and money.:drink:

Wildman_grafix 01-14-2011 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by eddie (Post 3297292)
I've looked a ton of boats over the year, most the deals that look too good to be true are. Someones 10 is my 3, boat is rode hard and put away wet, gels never been waxed. Hard to think someone will pay over $400k for a boat and not take care of it. Nice someone else checked it out and posted to save people time and money.:drink:

I agree, and people use repo prices to try and get prices down on clean boats.

Never have understood that, sure stuff can be cleaned but drives and motors get expensive quick when they have been trashed.