Notices

Please clairify

Old 01-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
I thought you were serious before the edit... I was thinking this guy is out of his Fing mind!!!

Had to edit to clarify the pic. But your second comment ain't far off.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Larry,
I gotta agree with the masses, if it were 4x4 I would try it, but I almost lost my truck(you have seen my Z-71) pulling a waverunner out one day, Low tide, and rain on the ramp dont mix, had to back further in due to the low tide, had truck in 2 wheel drive 'cuz it was only a waverunner, as I got out of the truck, I felt it start to slide, hit the 4x4 button, and it stopped, if it were 2 wheel only I would have lost it, and that would have been WAYYY embarassing.
Yup, I had a 2wheel drive dually, and I was scared to death that one day I was going to get in the slick and slide down, I kept a set of big rubber wheel chocks to throw under the front wheel if it ever happened to slide, I never tryed it out in person, and dont know if it would be enough to stop it, any input?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by spk1
Yup, I had a 2wheel drive dually, and I was scared to death that one day I was going to get in the slick and slide down, I kept a set of big rubber wheel chocks to throw under the front wheel if it ever happened to slide, I never tryed it out in person, and dont know if it would be enough to stop it, any input?
Once it got the momentum up - who knows. But I keep a wheel chock under mine as soon as I get to the ramp I engage the parking brake and put the chock under.

I had an incident in 2009 where I hopped out of the truck (it is a manual) and right as I got out the parking brake snapped and the whole thing started going backwards. LUCKILY I was able to get my foot on it before it went far. ALSO I was lucky that my brother was there with me and grabbed a rock real fast and put it under the front wheel (I usually launch/retrieve by myself).
Old 01-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's not that u can't pull it . it trying to stop it is the problem . you boat will out weigh u truck twice . it might pull it down the ramp and sink it .
Old 01-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
+1 Even if your tires don't go in the water what happens if there is a rain shower and you need to pull it out. I normally can pull mine in 2 wheel drive but the couple times the ramp was really wet it sure was nice to flip it in 4hi and pull her right out.

Dont even need a rain shower ,just a wett ramp from prior users loading/unloading & pulling there drain plugs
Old 01-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You should be fine. Again, to repeat what an earlier poster wrote... Stopping is the issue. Your 35 fountain compares to a 29' without the beak or swim platform... Steel or Aluminum trailer? I towed my 33' Powerplay with trip. Ob's all over florida. 5.4 triton 4 door F-150. Great truck. Aluminum S. Fla trailer with good surge brakes...