Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Getting ready to break ground on shop....need opinions. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/245549-getting-ready-break-ground-shop-need-opinions.html)

drpete3 01-15-2011 02:32 PM

I have radiant heat in my home and run it mostly with an outdoor wood boiler. My firewood bill is $1400 a year on a 4000 sq ft house and 30x 30 garage. I am certain my propane bill for the winter here in northern MI would be 800 x 5.5 months. As back up I have a propane fired boiler. LOVE radiant heat and love the savings my wood boiler gives me.

Sunshadow 01-15-2011 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by rbr2328 (Post 3295614)

I used a radiant company system in my house and garage. it was a pain in the ass and cheap looking compared to what my plumber could get from a plumbing supply house. other than that I love the radiant heat.

baywatch 01-15-2011 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Expensive Date (Post 3298157)
JERSEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Yeah Yeah i forgot all about SNOOKIE :lolhit: LMFAO

You have to always bring that up don't you,you are just jealous how many tv shows does your state have.[/QUOTE]

Hell, Illinois is on the news every night LOL. Raising income taxes, capital punnishment, Rambo Dead Fish for Chi town Mayor, and who can forget about Blago...

Sydwayz 01-16-2011 09:20 AM

I've got double-bubble lining my whole building. I also have eaves with perforated soffit so it breathes. It was down in the high 20s the other night and with a single torpedo heater I was able to get it up to 55 degrees.

RunninHotRacing163.1 01-16-2011 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by baywatch (Post 3298370)
You have to always bring that up don't you,you are just jealous how many tv shows does your state have.

Hell, Illinois is on the news every night LOL. Raising income taxes, capital punnishment, Rambo Dead Fish for Chi town Mayor, and who can forget about Blago...[/QUOTE]

mmmmm a lil crush on Snookie ha :lolhit:

lets not forget we got crook Ge@rge Ryan too and you can buy Driver Licenses & Social Security cards here for $700.00 :eek::eek:

FuelinAround 01-16-2011 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 3298606)
I've got double-bubble lining my whole building. I also have eaves with perforated soffit so it breathes. It was down in the high 20s the other night and with a single torpedo heater I was able to get it up to 55 degrees.

Thats pretty impressive.....I will have to ask him about the perforated soffit.... I priced some wall hanging box type garage heaters yesterday for like $400-$600. I will be taking that route for sure on heating. The doors on my building will probably not be opened any during the winter and once a week during the summer so it should hold heat well.

FuelinAround 01-20-2011 10:54 AM

I ordered an electric furnace yesterday.... A 68000 btu with a 3.5 ton air mover for $700 (10 year york warranty) should allow me to raise the heat 30-40 degrees in the room. My next question is what wall coverings (if any) are you using inside?

northernoffshore 01-20-2011 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1 (Post 3298632)
Hell, Illinois is on the news every night LOL. Raising income taxes, capital punnishment, Rambo Dead Fish for Chi town Mayor, and who can forget about Blago...

mmmmm a lil crush on Snookie ha :lolhit:

lets not forget we got crook Ge@rge Ryan too and you can buy Driver Licenses & Social Security cards here for $700.00 :eek::eek:[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me again how many years it take jesse white to send a title back again from the dmv?

FuelinAround 01-20-2011 10:56 AM

I also decided on size... I will go 25ft wide and either 50 or 55 deep. 12 foot ceilings more than likely with a 10 ft door. If incremental cost aren't to much I will go 14 ceilings with 12 door.

FuelinAround 01-27-2011 12:46 PM

Can I get away with a 12ft ceiling and be able to pull motors or would I need 14's?I am building gantry cranes for motor pulling and lifting the boat off the trailer. I got back my quotes today and trying to get everything laid down. I decided on 25x55 but came in cheaper than I expected so looking at upgrading to 60 if I can get by with 12ft ceiling.