Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Surprising find in my Barrett media kit (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/245556-surprising-find-my-barrett-media-kit.html)

Plowtownmissile 01-23-2011 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by fountain4play (Post 3304771)
Someone needs to let Bob Varsha know that their not corvette engines in...lol...it's amazing how they know every little detail about the cars but are clueless when it comes to boats...

Originally Posted by ciaoderhead (Post 3304935)
Actually they say alot of stupid and wrong chit about the cars too:lolhit:

I agree. I catch those guys talking out of their @sses alot :lolhit:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 3304821)
I figure mine is worth maybe 70-80K. Whew

Deal, when can I come pick it up? :lolhit: :drink:

SS930 01-24-2011 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1 (Post 3305033)
I would of bought it for that price if I was there:eek:
now i've heard everything Darr :lolhit:

you still have'nt gotten the scratch $$$ together for Thumpers $70K Skater and you were gunna buy this MTI too :eek:

Jim David Darr is selling his 40 Skater to buy Thumper's 40 Skater?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o35806-en.html

BTW, I thought Darr was banned here, no?

RunninHotRacing163.1 01-24-2011 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3305698)
Jim David Darr is selling his 40 Skater to buy Thumper's 40 Skater?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o35806-en.html

BTW, I thought Darr was banned here, no?

banned :eek:
along with his son Sammy aka M!ni H@wk :lolhit:

Darr wants a real 40 without the cardboard bustle .:party-smiley-004:

dreamer 01-24-2011 07:06 PM

On the speeded.com home page right now!

Boat trumps collector cars!

richanton 01-24-2011 07:22 PM

The deals really fluctuate- it all depends on who is in the room. Typically there are deals to be had on Thursday and Friday when the crowd is thin, not so much on Saturday and Sunday. They typically place the cheaper cars on the off days, although there are always a few real nice cars sprinkled in, late entries mostly. The nice cars sprinkled in with the expensive cars on an off day can usually be had for a deal. Also, any day early in the morning or after 6pm. The price differences can be staggering. Then again, it is always a gamble because all it takes is one other guy who wants the same car you want to drive up the price. Or if you are the seller, all it takes is one of the two guys who wants your car to step out to take a piss when your car is up.

One interesting thing about the auctions is the auctioneer always has the right to "ghost bid". If the action slows down, or you are the only bidder, the auctioneer will point to no one in particular and pretend like someone is bidding against you. It doesn't happen at a no reserve auction but it does happen sometimes when there is a reserve and the bids are below the reserve. The good auctioneers don't abuse it, they use it only when neccessary to get a car over the reserve. The hacks make it pretty obvious. That is why I always stand in the corner and stare at the crowd when bidding to find the other bidder, to make sure that I am actually bidding against another person.

AIR TIME 01-25-2011 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by richanton (Post 3306342)
The deals really fluctuate- it all depends on who is in the room. Typically there are deals to be had on Thursday and Friday when the crowd is thin, not so much on Saturday and Sunday. They typically place the cheaper cars on the off days, although there are always a few real nice cars sprinkled in, late entries mostly. The nice cars sprinkled in with the expensive cars on an off day can usually be had for a deal. Also, any day early in the morning or after 6pm. The price differences can be staggering. Then again, it is always a gamble because all it takes is one other guy who wants the same car you want to drive up the price. Or if you are the seller, all it takes is one of the two guys who wants your car to step out to take a piss when your car is up.

One interesting thing about the auctions is the auctioneer always has the right to "ghost bid". If the action slows down, or you are the only bidder, the auctioneer will point to no one in particular and pretend like someone is bidding against you. It doesn't happen at a no reserve auction but it does happen sometimes when there is a reserve and the bids are below the reserve. The good auctioneers don't abuse it, they use it only when neccessary to get a car over the reserve. The hacks make it pretty obvious. That is why I always stand in the corner and stare at the crowd when bidding to find the other bidder, to make sure that I am actually bidding against another person.

haha just like at the local car auctions, today there was ghost bidding going on:evilb:. concrats dave on the boat.

scott.downey@cox 01-27-2011 01:55 AM

We had alot of fun selling the boat.Stu from the FPC did an awesome job with the display.We created alot of interest in the performance boat market. The funnest question i answered was from a lady who asked me : is that a boat ? followed by : How did you load that thing on its side?.Most people at a car auction never get to see a go fast boat up close.The models averaged getting their picture takin over !,000 times per day.not to bad for a MTI boat at the worlds largest car auction.The coolest thing was taking the gamble to sell a boat like this at a car auction ! ,that takes real balls !.The end result was that a MTI boat brought the highest price at the auction and the new owner got a one of a kind masterpiece and we added a new friend to the performance boat world.In all i would say it was a great event and the whole world got to see David Woods sober on a Saturday night ! Also Hugh Hefner is now talking to Stu about doing his own reality show! I guess owning a MTI can make all your dreams come true!!

OldSchool 01-27-2011 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by scott.downey@cox (Post 3308778)
We had alot of fun selling the boat.Stu from the FPC did an awesome job with the display.We created alot of interest in the performance boat market. The funnest question i answered was from a lady who asked me : is that a boat ? followed by : How did you load that thing on its side?.Most people at a car auction never get to see a go fast boat up close.The models averaged getting their picture takin over !,000 times per day.not to bad for a MTI boat at the worlds largest car auction.The coolest thing was taking the gamble to sell a boat like this at a car auction ! ,that takes real balls !.The end result was that a MTI boat brought the highest price at the auction and the new owner got a one of a kind masterpiece and we added a new friend to the performance boat world.In all i would say it was a great event and the whole world got to see David Woods sober on a Saturday night ! Also Hugh Hefner is now talking to Stu about doing his own reality show! I guess owning a MTI can make all your dreams come true!!

Great post. Thanks for the summary!!! New boat coming? Will it be in Miami/Islamorada?

Craig :)

Cash Bar 01-27-2011 10:43 AM

Both..

David Woods sober on Saturday. Hmm... I wouldn't bid on that. :lolhit:

GLH 01-28-2011 08:41 PM

Boat is coming to Lake Champlain. Very nice local gentlemen got it from Woodsy.

Another great ride here.