Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Surprising find in my Barrett media kit >

Surprising find in my Barrett media kit

Notices

Surprising find in my Barrett media kit

Old 01-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not going to be able to steal it, Heard he was going to buy it back if it doesn't bring big money!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Registered

This action is on TV therefore it can be used for marketing(a tax right off). Anyone thinking their going to buy something for nothing has another coming. I'm sure if the item is low balled, its being bought by the same group that is selling it. The poor guy who tries to sell his item in any auction better beware of how it works. These guys play hardball.
Unfortunately this tactic does very little to help the marketplace. Now I'm sure your wondering how this a could be? Well the auction house gets a buyer and sellers fee the transaction on TV. Now that sounds like everyone should be happy right. Not if you actually let someone steal your item while at the action it should be obvious who is going to be unhappy. I love to see someone get a new boat, but if it changes hands the price won't be a steal. Now if a bank owns it which I doubt they could care less.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:27 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Last time they had an MTI there in 2008 it was a freaking steal it sold with a hummer H2 and the trailer under $200k with the buyers fee;
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...309&pop=0&it=1

So either the owner bought it back and had to fork 10% on both sides (buyer and seller fee) or someone got a he'll of a deal.

Selling a boat no reserve at a car auction does not seem like a great idea... At least from the numbers I see here. Also the description is completely wrong on the boat that sold in 2008.

Last edited by GLH; 01-17-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Registered

Exactly, add the fact it on TV, if represented by company selling this type of item is the same as placing an add pretty cheap way to get National exposure.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

IF he wants it gone it will go. I dont think the MONEY part matters.
We all saw his TOYS in KW. and that a small part of them.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
Last time they had an MTI there in 2008 it was a freaking steal it sold with a hummer H2 and the trailer under $200k with the buyers fee;
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...309&pop=0&it=1

So either the owner bought it back and had to fork 10% on both sides (buyer and seller fee) or someone got a he'll of a deal.

Selling a boat no reserve at a car auction does not seem like a great idea... At least from the numbers I see here. Also the description is completely wrong on the boat that sold in 2008.
IMO they runied that 39 when they went with the movie theme. I liked it much better the way it looked when it was actually in the movie. How fast does that baby run with 1075s?
Old 01-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Registered

1075 that's good question if I recall the boat had the power packages changed to a bravo setups at the auction.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

2008 Sale was MOJO and:

1) Sold for OVER $500k on the lot to a 3rd party. Has since had MORE custom touches including GUN RACKS in the bilge, etc.

2) It had(has) 575's w 1075 covers done custom.

3) Was always a #6 boat, just like the white one that retained the movie trim.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:08 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
2008 Sale was MOJO and:

1) Sold for OVER $500k on the lot to a 3rd party. Has since had MORE custom touches including GUN RACKS in the bilge, etc.

2) It had(has) 575's w 1075 covers done custom.

3) Was always a #6 boat, just like the white one that retained the movie trim.
I'm just going with the facts. What that said was it sold for less than $200k, so I'll take that for facts until something else, concrete proves this wrong.

Wether someone resold it for a profit in the parking lot good for them.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Hypothetically what if the "straw buyer" got the bid to 200K and then never closed the deal, simply disappeared. At that point the auction is over, the house gets no fees since the transaction didn't actually complete.

I enjoy seeing all the cars whether in person or on TV but I wouldn't be a buyer for anything on there. It seems overhyped/overpriced even before the fees are added in. I don't see getting a deal on anything when two or three guys are simply raising the bid to out do each other!

I would rather see something cross the block, not hit reserve then go make a deal with the owner in the parking lot. He saw what the auction would bring and now your offer looks a lot more realistic!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.