Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Shogren and Fountain Part Ways (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/245923-shogren-fountain-part-ways.html)

KiloKat 01-19-2011 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3300786)
Either way the boys at Liberty have to be shocked at losing their biggest dealer! :eek:

Must have killed the projections especially if they assumed he was going to carry Fountain, Donzi and Baja!

Read on another forum where Fountain's oldest dealer, and also one of their largest in the past, will not be carrying the Fountain line at LOTO in the future.

Roger 1 01-19-2011 10:45 AM

Reggie is not the kind of guy without a "plan B". I'd be willing to bet that when he walked out the gate for the last time he knew just what he was going to do and was on his way to the next chapter.

US1 Fountain 01-19-2011 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Interceptor (Post 3301374)
If Reggie Fountain were to build a new boat would he splash the beak hull or start over with a totally new hull ?
I'm guessing he no longer owns the beak hull design so a new hull exactly the same but beakless would be the plan.

ed

Then it would just be another boat. :)

T2x 01-19-2011 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Interceptor (Post 3301374)
If Reggie Fountain were to build a new boat would he splash the beak hull or start over with a totally new hull ?
I'm guessing he no longer owns the beak hull design so a new hull exactly the same but beakless would be the plan.

ed

Interesting point..... Is the beak somehow trademarked, patented, or referred to as some kind of "brand" or corporate intellectual property? I wonder if there is anything about it that can be "owned" or protected?

Knot 4 Me 01-19-2011 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by KiloKat (Post 3301394)
Read on another forum where Fountain's oldest dealer, and also one of their largest in the past, will not be carrying the Fountain line at LOTO in the future.

I'm surprised Charlene keeps the doors open at all given the current state of the boating industry. It's not like she has to sell boats.

Interceptor 01-19-2011 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain (Post 3301548)
Then it would just be another boat. :)

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 3301577)
Interesting point..... Is the beak somehow trademarked, patented, or referred to as some kind of "brand" or corporate intellectual property? I wonder if there is anything about it that can be "owned" or protected?

The existing hull designs that Fountain now owns were Reggie's/Fountains designs but cannot belong to him now. He woud a new hull design which I guess could still have a beak but why ? Why copy someone else ?

ed

DollaBill 01-19-2011 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 3301577)
Interesting point..... Ios the beak somehow trademarked, patented, or referred to as some kind of "brand" or corporate intellectual property? I wonder if there is anything about it that can be "owned" or protected?

I could see liberty making a case for all the above. Don't know if it will stick but they could drag it out for several years in court....

apache727 01-19-2011 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Interceptor (Post 3301604)
The existing hull designs that Fountain now owns were Reggie's/Fountains designs but cannot belong to him now. He woud a new hull design which I guess could still have a beak but why ? Why copy someone else ?

ed

i know i'd run out of fingers if i wanted to count all the copied Skaters out there....

Tom A. 01-19-2011 03:54 PM

Didn't Fountain buy Executioner and then added the beak to them to make them his "own"? My understanding was it was influenced by the Carolina style sport-fishers with their flared bows and pointed pulpits. It also created some bow lift.

sommerfliesby 01-19-2011 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me (Post 3301580)
I'm surprised Charlene keeps the doors open at all given the current state of the boating industry. It's not like she has to sell boats.

I LOVE Charlene! Great people at Raymonds!