Shogren and Fountain Part Ways >

Shogren and Fountain Part Ways

Notices

Shogren and Fountain Part Ways

Old 01-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
Do not underestimate old people,we always have a plan B and C ready to spring on complacent people who think they won.
yeah but your plan b is to change diapers and make excuses...
Old 01-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default My Plan B !

I do change diapers on my insurance underwriters as they can't understand how I'm writing so much premium volume in this boating market,and my excuses are boats or boaters that I do not want.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is plenty of room for Reggie if he builds a boat that is as nice or nicer than the top ones out there. Nortech, Outerlimits, Cigarette, Statement. Sure these builders got hurt some by the economy but they still build new boats to order and put out new ones not the same old thing year after year. His boats were fast sure but not as nice. I could care less how they do in a race, I have never been to a boat race and if I ever do go it's for the party not the race.
Build 10-15 boats a year that have the WOW factor not some stupid sign on the side with it's top speed. People that still have the money to buy a $500k+ toy are not going to buy what they were putting out the last few years. And if it's a 42 Foot it better have the same room in it as the other boats in it's class, not a 38 with a beak. And yes as somebody else said it change that old dash so you can see without having to look under the wheel.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
Wrong there are still people out there want the fastest boat case in point Skater with the cat hulls or MTI what ever if they win races people will buy them!
And thinking like that is why Reggie is at home without a job or a company. You have over a year wait to get a new Nortech, when was the last race they were even in?
Old 01-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Registered

If that was true the only cats sold would be Callen's with t-57 turbins, They are the fastest right?
Old 01-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Registered

Just saying the top speed thing isnt everything, he knew years ago that that was all he had on the other top boats, he put out the bait and only OL bit on it. Ok he won by a few mph in a one off boat, the OL must have cost a ton to build too and now you can have it for pennies of what it cost. I would like to know if OL would do it again if they had the chance, I bet not.
That old NASCAR crap of win on sunday sell on monday isnt true anymore, people are smarter now and want the best for the money. Not with toys anyway, look at Superbikes, what has won allmost everytime the last 10 years in the states, Suzuki and they didn't even build sport bikes in 2010.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I just saw in the classifieds on here where shogren is advertising they want to purchase used fountains? Not sure if this has already been discussed earlier in this thread. Looks like shogren will still try and keep used fountains in stock
Old 01-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Fountain has its place in this industry but they are not that impressive to me.

Reggie might do something new in the future but who knows. It seems to me that Reggie is passionate about BOATS not MONEY. To make it in the current boat industry you need to put money first not the passion of powerboats. Thats why an "investment" company owns fountain, baja, donzi, proline.

Shogren parting ways with fountain is purley about MONEY! Shogren (the dealer as a whole) was so cocky about fountain over the past years. Even to downgrade some of the boats they now sell. To do a 180 shows they care about money more. Do you blame them? Thats what most humans in this world care about, "money is the root of all evil".

Black Thunder is STILL in business and build an impressive unique boat. A floating condo that does 91mph (propped for midrange) with side by side merc 700's! 47 fountain staggered 700s (propped for top end) only does 89.
i am wondering where you got those numbers from??
Old 01-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Used Boats

We are looking for freshwater, clean, used v-bottoms with stock Mercury power, not just Fountains.

Thank you

Team Shogren

www.teamshogren.com

Originally Posted by FuelinAround
I just saw in the classifieds on here where shogren is advertising they want to purchase used fountains? Not sure if this has already been discussed earlier in this thread. Looks like shogren will still try and keep used fountains in stock
Old 01-24-2011, 06:51 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flat rate
i am wondering where you got those numbers from??
And the black thunder looks like something Mike and Carol Brady would spend the weekends on. You'd pretty much have to give me one to be seen in it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.