Shogren and Fountain Part Ways >

Shogren and Fountain Part Ways

Notices

Shogren and Fountain Part Ways

Old 01-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
There is plenty of room for Reggie if he builds a boat that is as nice or nicer than the top ones out there. Nortech, Outerlimits, Cigarette, Statement. Sure these builders got hurt some by the economy but they still build new boats to order and put out new ones not the same old thing year after year. His boats were fast sure but not as nice. I could care less how they do in a race, I have never been to a boat race and if I ever do go it's for the party not the race.
Build 10-15 boats a year that have the WOW factor not some stupid sign on the side with it's top speed. People that still have the money to buy a $500k+ toy are not going to buy what they were putting out the last few years. And if it's a 42 Foot it better have the same room in it as the other boats in it's class, not a 38 with a beak. And yes as somebody else said it change that old dash so you can see without having to look under the wheel.
Very well said, thanks for the support. We need to copy and paste this to the fountain section under "reggies out are you?"
Old 01-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
And the black thunder looks like something Mike and Carol Brady would spend the weekends on. You'd pretty much have to give me one to be seen in it

You would be one guy that could fill that pimp cruise ship up and make it look cool......or fill it with so much azz people don't notice the boat!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Team Shogren
We are looking for freshwater, clean, used v-bottoms with stock Mercury power, not just Fountains.

Thank you

Team Shogren

www.teamshogren.com
Once again, Shogren wants boats he can sell!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by flat rate
i am wondering where you got those numbers from??
Fountain web site, hot boat test of a 08 black thunder. Black thunder is WAY more boat then a 47 fountain. Not saying that a 42 fountain might not be fun to drive. But what I and many others use their boat for, we would much rather have a 50 nor tech, 46 black thunder with the amazing extended cockpit, or a 51 outerlimts. We sleep on our boat for long weekends, use the cabin, have lots of friends in the cockpit, and still want to go fast. A fountain does not do that for us. Every boat has its purpose, just impressive in general, (powerboat mag agrees) what a black thunder does with 700's.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Once again, Shogren wants boats he can sell!
Do you even know how to read? He wrote "not just fountains".
Shogren is not unicef, they are in business to make money!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:09 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You would be one guy that could fill that pimp cruise ship up and make it look cool......or fill it with so much azz people don't notice the boat!
Thank you and that would be ALOT of azz to overcome the looks of that boat LOL
Old 01-24-2011, 07:16 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Fountain web site, hot boat test of a 08 black thunder. Black thunder is WAY more boat then a 47 fountain. Not saying that a 42 fountain might not be fun to drive. But what I and many others use their boat for, we would much rather have a 50 nor tech, 46 black thunder with the amazing extended cockpit, or a 51 outerlimts. We sleep on our boat for long weekends, use the cabin, have lots of friends in the cockpit, and still want to go fast. A fountain does not do that for us. Every boat has its purpose, just impressive in general, (powerboat mag agrees) what a black thunder does with 700's.
I can tell you I've had seat time in MANY Baja models and every later Fountain model (early 2000's up). first there is no comparison in the ride or construction. I agree with what people have said that Fountain built the best of the production boats. I don't think thats a bad thing. It's also true that Baja has it's place as an entry level, price competitive model. Just a fact.

And regarding your comment about staying on boats for the weekend..... thats a VERY different boating than most do here. Most dont use their boats as a camper.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some interesting reading on this forum. I'd like to touch base on the conversation regarding the 47 Fountain versus the 46 Black Thunder. My best friend owns a 46 Black Thunder and I will say the room in the cockpit is tremendous and you can have a lot of friends on there--the head room in the cuddy speaks for itself. Your comment about the BT being way more of a boat than the 47 Fountain just isn't true. This year I had the opportunity to go from Miami to Key West on a full staggered 850 47' Fountain. I must say, the ride quality was amazing. Doesn't even come close to the BT. When you compare the two boats, you have to compare the weight. A 47 Fountain is 16,500 pounds. A 46 BT is 12,500. I'm not saying the BT with 700s wouldn't be a mile an hour faster, but given the 4,000 pound weight difference and the ride quality of a Fountain, they aren't comparable. Any kind of snotty water--I wouldn't want to go over 65 in a BT. That 47 Fountain, however, can handle any speed you throw at it. It's a true offshore boat.

Bryan
Old 01-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Registered

Do you even know how to read? He wrote "not just fountains".
Shogren is not unicef, they are in business to make money!
The comment earlier is Shogren is out to sell anything, boats/bikes/cars whatever so he obviously would be happy to take Fountains and other v bottoms in because he can sell them.......

Nice Joe Dirt quote there......"not unicef, in business to make money"
Old 01-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
It's cold out so #1 neither 1 of you guys drove a 42' Fountain or any Fountain when you do you will call it a 42'
Wow wrong again for me atleast, spent an hour driving a 2000 32 Fever, about 30 min. driving a 2003 42 and 15-20 in a sit down 42 not sure of the year but pretty new. They all drove good but that was all I liked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.