If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I know the glass ones make you itch like mad when you make contact with them!

I have two on my dock and have no idea how they work, anyone have a picture of a boat tied up with them? Mine are SS and appear to be telescoping...I hope i am missing some pieces, but may just be too dumb to figure them out

My Boats:
    little cat...BIG MOTOR
    Aurora Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    Do your boats take the ways bow-stern or port-starboard (broadside)? I was always concerned waves hitting 38 ft of hull would push the hull up against and smack into the dock.

On top of that....we get a pretty strong tide that hits the boats broadside too.
    Bow to stern. The idea with the whips is the tighter you adjust them, the harder they work to keep your boat away from the dock.

I usually set about 3 feet of dock line and then crank my whips down until they bow about 45 degrees. The boat takes the waves and stays two and a half to three feet away from the dock.

Not sure how they would work broad side.

Anybody have a pic of these things in use?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12