Notices

Snap-on / Matco Tools

Old 01-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
now do you have the tools to fill that monster??

tools ??? its gunna need tools
Probably, all my draws are over full and i have 2 shelves that are 8' long stacked with box's of diagnostic stuff and a 4' wide filing cabinet packed with stuff
Old 01-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=mrfixxall;3302599]I have a matco 8575 tool box with snapon hand tools

That box on ebay is a really nice box,it probably sold for over 25k when it was new..if you have the cash its a really good buy..now do you have the toold to fill that monster??

A Matco box with SNAP-ONS ????

so i would guess its wrong to assume a SNAP-ON box is filled with all SNAP-ON tools , or you guys just put 3 or 4 different brand name tools all together .
Old 01-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Snap on hand tools are the way to go, their electronic and other testers are all rebranded... My infared temp from snap on was about $240, went to the parts store and they had the identical one, even the same colors for about $80. Think it was a raytek??

That being said I have a Mac tech 1000 roll cab filled with 95% snap-on and maybe 5% Mac. Then I have an old snap on box with all the misc tools and testers.
Attached Thumbnails Snap-on / Matco Tools-photo-19-.jpg  

Last edited by prostock85; 01-20-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Having owned a tool business for 7 years, heres what I know.

Yes buying a complete box on craigslist can be a good value.

If you work in a shop buying from the trucks on weekly payments is the smartest. Whoever services you the best deserves the most business, because you are paying for the service.

All the tools from the trucks are good. Craftsman are for home use not commercial. They will not hold up.

Snap on, Matco, Mac, Cornwell, are the four mobile trucks. Snap on makes some tools in america
Cornwell makes more tools in america
Matco and Mac dont make any in america

All four share many specialty tools made by a third party branded for each company

Cornwell is the oldest, then snap on, then mac and matco
mac and matco used to be the same, then they split

Everyone will have a brand preference but the big four mobil trucks are all good. Craftsman is not as good quality, selection, strenth, but fine for some things. There are so many variables to include, depending on each persons situation.
Did you know that craftsman professional and matco tools were made by the same copany?
I once bought a set of matco metric wrenches,they sat in my box until i needed to use one,i cracked open the wraper and found a full set of craftsman professional wrenches in their place....Gave them back to matco and he said he has seen that before,i said REFUND MY MONEY..
Old 01-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Its so funny how many people get "brainwashed" Snap on. They all talk big but when you look in their box its not all snap on. Snap on is the most expensive but not always the best. They have moved the most manufacuring plants out of USA to other countrys, thats what they are the best at. They get the most lawsuits from their dealers. They have the most dealers but also have the most that go out of business (and yes percentage wise its still more then the other 3!)
SNAP-ON but they sure do look Purdy though
Attached Thumbnails Snap-on / Matco Tools-snap-box-4-sale.-4bmp.bmp  

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 01-20-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

[QUOTE=RunninHotRacing163.1;3302737]
Originally Posted by mrfixxall
I have a matco 8575 tool box with snapon hand tools

That box on ebay is a really nice box,it probably sold for over 25k when it was new..if you have the cash its a really good buy..now do you have the toold to fill that monster??

A Matco box with SNAP-ONS ????

so i would guess its wrong to assume a SNAP-ON box is filled with all SNAP-ON tools , or you guys just put 3 or 4 different brand name tools all together .
at the time i got it the matco guy dropped it off the back of his truck because his lift gate was not long enough..i was his first customer that day and he told me what happened so i went to his house that night and looked at it..He said he ordered it for one of his customers and matco shipped it to his house instead of the dealer he worked at so he tried to put it in his little truck and it fall off..i offered him 3k for it and he ran it past the head honcho and said sell it to him...it was a 9k box at the time so 3k was a deal for a box at the time with a little dent in the side....
Old 01-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by prostock85
Snap on hand tools are the way to go, their electronic and other testers are all rebranded... My infared temp from snap on was about $240, went to the parts store and they had the identical one, even the same colors for about $80. Think it was a raytek??

That being said I have a Mac tech 1000 roll cab filled with 95% snap-on and maybe 5% Mac. Then I have an old snap on box with all the misc tools and testers.
Those may be snapon wrenches but those are craftsman wrench holders i got them too!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
Snap on /does not do anything for their dealers except for screw them the company / finance company loans to anyone and then when the " mechanic " and i use that word loosely doesnt pay his bill they charge back the loan to the dealer that " sold " them the tools and the dealer gets stuck with the boxes and tools if he can repo them that is why the big turn over in dealers
Actually Snap-On can only charge back 25% of there extended credit contracts.Unless the dealer co/signed it.Then its 100% Matco is zero charge back for bad extended contracts unless dealer co signed it.But they take 9% on the front end from dealer.Then the very competitive interest rate of around 18%
Old 01-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
Did you know that craftsman professional and matco tools were made by the same copany?
I once bought a set of matco metric wrenches,they sat in my box until i needed to use one,i cracked open the wraper and found a full set of craftsman professional wrenches in their place....Gave them back to matco and he said he has seen that before,i said REFUND MY MONEY..
Its not the same company they are just in the same building.
Guys this is going to be a great thread but I have to do a few more stops.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Attachment 437445

Whatever you buy my tool box will still be bigger.And I mean the truck not the box in that picture

How long have you been doing the Matco gig? I have really thought about doing something like that. I checked the website and they say they have some franchise opportunities in Ohio...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.