Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sterling HP1550s vs. Lycoming T-53 Turbines (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/246079-sterling-hp1550s-vs-lycoming-t-53-turbines.html)

hotjava66 01-24-2011 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by danlb25 (Post 3306246)
As an avid boater, but granted nowhere near a performance boater right now, I must say despite how this thread started out, I have gained some valuable information, and enjoyment from reading it. I spend most of my time just reading threads here and gaining knowledge and information most of the time, but one trend I see more and more of here, is those few, whos immediate response to any thread is to trash the poster, and start showing how much more intelligent, wealthy, macho, on and on and on with whatever adjective you want to pick they are than everyone else. It really detracts from OSO. That said, the majority of members here really seem to just love boating of all kinds, and try their best to be helpfull and share the great knowledge they have....
off my soapbox now...back to reading

Totally off topic but wondering where you boat? Glenwood is a nice area, considered moving there at one time.

AIR TIME 01-24-2011 08:00 PM

As an avid boater, but granted nowhere near a performance boater right now, I must say despite how this thread started out, I have gained some valuable information, and enjoyment from reading it. I spend most of my time just reading threads here and gaining knowledge and information most of the time, but one trend I see more and more of here, is those few, whos immediate response to any thread is to trash the poster, and start showing how much more intelligent, wealthy, macho, on and on and on with whatever adjective you want to pick they are than everyone else. It really detracts from OSO. That said, the majority of members here really seem to just love boating of all kinds, and try their best to be helpfull and share the great knowledge they have....

it was great here in the beginning. when the 1% macho left to start another site , it was better here again but they came back:lolhit: .then started picking on new guys or people who asked for help. its sad. but I have met some great humble people on here in person so its worth 50 bucks a year to stay. my excuse is I just had my 7th surgery in the last 5years and need 2 more. so I doped up at night on pain meds:bigbird:. so a year from now I should be done for a few years. later

PokerRun388 01-24-2011 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by mr buttonhead (Post 3303756)
The 1550's are 110k each. The t53's are in the 150k range depending on who's they are

Thanku !! Thats all I wanted to know... I didnt realize I'd get so much many neg. comments... thanku!! thats a ton of money!!!

X-Rated30 01-24-2011 11:49 PM

I love boating. I replaced my engines last year but didn't get them in til mid July. At the end of the season, I hit the hour meters and they read 56 hours each. I try to give everyone on OSO the benefit of the doubt, but after a while you can tell when posers come on and try to be something they are not. You are the type of boater/poster OSO needs. Glad to have you here.

X-Rated30 01-25-2011 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by X-Rated30 (Post 3306560)
...but after a while you can tell when posers come on and try to be something they are not.

Come to think about it, this thread has already been visited by none other than the infamous Jim Darr. Someone should probably compare his IP to PR388's.

SS930 01-25-2011 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by X-Rated30 (Post 3306704)
Come to think about it, this thread has already been visited by none other than the infamous Jim Darr. Someone should probably compare his IP to PR388's.

LOL, I hadn't thought of that one, now that would be funny if good old Darr was 388! What's Darr up to, about 150 different screen names now? :lolhit:

SS930 01-25-2011 09:02 AM

The more I think of it, maybe Mini-Hawk = Darr too! :D

RunninHotRacing163.1 01-25-2011 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3306718)
The more I think of it, maybe Mini-Hawk = Darr too! :D

Father /Son /Daughter :party-smiley-004:
Darr/Sammy/PR388:lolhit:

X-Rated30 01-25-2011 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by RT930turbo (Post 3303821)
Okay, so this is pretty sweet, but the WalMart hydrofoil bolted to the Cav-plate? Really?! :lolhit:

http://www.marineturbine.com/images-.../Full/BR09.jpg

Ok. I need a pair of these. (And a moment alone....:drink:)

Who makes them?

endeavor1 01-25-2011 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1 (Post 3306734)
Father /Son /Daughter :party-smiley-004:
Darr/Sammy/PR388:lolhit:

:evilb: :lolhit: :bigbird: