The New Sportboat Magazine Is Out...

Notices

The New Sportboat Magazine Is Out...

Old 01-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsPeanut
Anyone know where to pick one up??
As Matt mentioned, any magazine rack that normally carries Hot Rod and Motor Trend...I was surprized to find mine on the grocery store magazine rack.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by todd969
It's Brett Becker,LOL.

I got it last week and was a little dissappointed. I felt it was Power Boat. Didn't feel original and lacked "as noted above" realistic afordable boats.

It's a great opportunity for them to become a really good publication. There's very talented people assocciated with this, lets hope they do it.
I also will look for it and try to suport it but I am very disappointed in how "Powerboat" has gone down to very few pages. I still buy it of course and I know times are tough but 66 pages? I looked back a few years (I save them) and they used to be great! (Sorry Matt). Performance Boat magazine still does pretty good with 80+ pages. I can't understand how other mags (Muscle, Every kind of Car, Guns, and even MMA) have 200 pages.

Regardless, I will still end up buying all 3....LOL
Old 01-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

got mine at walmart on the mag rack you guys might check there
Old 01-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dreamer
performance boat test??????

in the next two issues they could test the entire 2011 production run of a builder and not fill a magazine
ALL the builders.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Registered

Question

Hopefully they sell this mag at Barnes N Noble..thats normally where i get my powerboat mag monthly....
Old 01-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Giant grocery had it. I flipped through it but didn't buy, seemed a little thin.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by truckwrench1
got mine at walmart on the mag rack you guys might check there
thanks theres one 6miles from me great.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by waycool marine
trying to support the new magazine, cannot find it,do any major bookstores carry it? or a bookstore I can order thru.
we need another mag. so fresh insite, with motivated staff,
I can tell you that I know of one potential staff member who would be VERY motivated to work on the next issue and that's ME. I'm in discussions with Warren Kosikov of SORC and hope to have an agreement soon.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,688 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Originally Posted by Cavanti53
I also will look for it and try to suport it but I am very disappointed in how "Powerboat" has gone down to very few pages. I still buy it of course and I know times are tough but 66 pages? I looked back a few years (I save them) and they used to be great! (Sorry Matt). Performance Boat magazine still does pretty good with 80+ pages. I can't understand how other mags (Muscle, Every kind of Car, Guns, and even MMA) have 200 pages.

Regardless, I will still end up buying all 3....LOL
No apology necessary, Cavanti. I don't like it any more than you do.

The majority of magazines currently published have fewer pages than they did three years ago. There are exceptions, of course (I've heard that a mixed martial arts magazine is thriving), but in general times are lean in the print publishing industry. In fact, CBS radio recently reported that online advertising has now surpassed newspaper advertising in terms of dollars spent, something like $29 billion if I remember correctly.

I wish everyone involved with Sport Boat nothing but success.

Skinny as it was, I thought the last issue of Powerboat was pretty good (l listed all the stories in another thread). That said ... you are only as good as your last issue.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by E Colby
I can tell you that I know of one potential staff member who would be VERY motivated to work on the next issue and that's ME. I'm in discussions with Warren Kosikov of SORC and hope to have an agreement soon.
Thats great Eric!! If your on board, I'll subscribe!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.