If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Platinum Member Platinum Member bullittcustoms's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '06 Nordic 28 Heat Open Bow

525 Power Steering Pump

Does anyone know if a Power Steering Pump, pulley, and bracket is the same as a 500efi? Or, what will fit?? Oh Yeah, Anyone have one laying around?

Thanks, Derek

My Boats:
    DDC-28 Challenger
    Casey, illinois
    If I am not mistaken, the pumps are the same, hubs the same, pulleys and brackets different between the 500EFI and 525EFI. The 500EFI matches the 575SCI ones. I am guessing the closed cooling system and/or different heads on the 525EFI comprise the need for different brackets and offset on the pulley. Hope this helps, someone else chime in if I am incorrect. You can also reference part numbers from many websites like for example.

If you want to save some cash you can go to an auto parts store and get a PS pump... I did a bunch of online looking/comparing and ended up getting one at Advance Auto parts for $54.99 without a core. Pn for it is SP16070 ...other parts stores have these just different numbers, but it crosses back to a mid 80's Cadillac car. This is how I crossed back to a 849906A28 Merc pump. It is NOT the old saganaw style pump.

Platinum Member Platinum Member PARADOX's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Formula 272 Sold, 26 Infinity, 4 sale, 08-33' Avanti 4SALE
    I tried the Advance AP route. Didn't work, so I purchased new.
    Turned out PS pump wasn't the problem anyway so I have the old one up for grabs. Look at my list under the Swap posts.

Bunch of good Merc. parts
    Last edited by PARADOX; 01-22-2011 at 10:43 PM.