Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Champlain 2011 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/246215-lake-champlain-2011-a.html)

dieselstrng 06-06-2011 07:37 AM

Slink..lets see pics of the boat you picked up..does it have twins?

Slinky 06-06-2011 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by dieselstrng (Post 3421293)
Slink..lets see pics of the boat you picked up..does it have twins?

single 502...still sitting at Chris's place....waiting for the lake to go down so we can water test then finish the deal! I'm kinda hoping in the next week or so....but we'll see

VtSteve 06-07-2011 07:23 PM

Water is dropping fast now thankfully. down to 101.6. It should easily be below 101 finally by the weekend. That used to be considered a very high level for April.

I haven't even seen my boat lately, possibly raccoons or whatever living in it. Is there anyone open for gas on the lake now? Jake's looks dead, Burlington is still underwater, is Champlain open?

Pbmcharlotte 06-07-2011 08:51 PM

Point Bay fuel dock open. 91 octane non ethanol!

VtSteve 06-07-2011 09:23 PM

Unfortunately my tank is 38 gallons, so Charlotte from Mallets Bay every fillup would be tedious.

Nice diesel prices though, quite a bit less than gas. How'd manage that?

GLH 06-08-2011 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by VtSteve (Post 3423578)
Water is dropping fast now thankfully. down to 101.6. It should easily be below 101 finally by the weekend. That used to be considered a very high level for April.

I haven't even seen my boat lately, possibly raccoons or whatever living in it. Is there anyone open for gas on the lake now? Jake's looks dead, Burlington is still underwater, is Champlain open?

We put the Mut in at Champlain Marina yesterday but no fuel there for while. Burlington waterfront is done for for the year is my guess except for Splash that is open now.

We just put-putted to the marina I think our fuel options for now if your not around Point Bay Marina is calling a truck in if you can't trailer out.

VtSteve 06-08-2011 04:35 AM

Yikes, thanks for the update GL.

What a summer :mad:

Didn't know you parked the Mut in Vermont this year. Lots less fuel doing it that way ;)

I'm moving next month, so I really haven't had boating thoughts yet with all of that mess going on. Maybe I'll get the boat ready for a change and do some work on it before launch, whenever that will be.

Slinky 06-08-2011 06:22 AM

looks like we'll be picking our new rig up some time in the near future....cant wait!! now if someone would just go take all the debris out of the lake!!

Sunshadow 06-08-2011 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Slinky (Post 3423948)
looks like we'll be picking our new rig up some time in the near future....cant wait!! now if someone would just go take all the debris out of the lake!!

I was working by the lake today saw a big chunk of 8x8 float by. would not want to hit that.

Slinky 06-09-2011 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sunshadow (Post 3424739)
I was working by the lake today saw a big chunk of 8x8 float by. would not want to hit that.

i love hearing these things....maybe i'll just put the boat up for sale :rolleyes: