Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Magic 39ft VooDoo? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/246326-magic-39ft-voodoo.html)

salesmanship 01-25-2011 11:55 AM

I'm pretty sure that the molds ended up with Ron Debartolo and were then built in MO as a Challenger.

Catmando 01-25-2011 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by northernoffshore (Post 3306577)
do a search for aronow boats on here. here a pic from flpwerbt club I think it's the guggi one http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...gold-37-a.html

No pic.

thisistank 01-25-2011 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by DaBank (Post 3306814)
I have only seen one out here in Havasu named HEAT WAVE, does anyone know who owns it?

Are you refering to the "Desert Heat", that raced a while? It was like purple with large letters down the side? Teague maintained that boat while it raced, you might want to call Bob, I'm sure he'd be able to help you out.

In the mid 90's there was also "Rock Hard" (a 34 Magic) and "Rock Harder" (a 39 Magic) that ran around Havasu a LOT.

DaBank 01-25-2011 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 3307073)
Are you refering to the "Desert Heat", that raced a while? It was like purple with large letters down the side? Teague maintained that boat while it raced, you might want to call Bob, I'm sure he'd be able to help you out.

In the mid 90's there was also "Rock Hard" (a 34 Magic) and "Rock Harder" (a 39 Magic) that ran around Havasu a LOT.

Yes that is the boat, yes I remember Rock Hard and Rock Harder I forgot that was a 39 also.So I have seen two of them did Magic make more than those 2? Frank

thisistank 01-25-2011 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by DaBank (Post 3307274)
Yes that is the boat, yes I remember Rock Hard and Rock Harder I forgot that was a 39 also.So I have seen two of them did Magic make more than those 2? Frank

I'm fairly certain Magic produced a few more. They were pretty popular in the mid to late 90's. There was a really nice used one that was mostly all white for sale not more than a year ago.

DaBank 01-26-2011 06:42 PM

The reason I am asking about the 39 is there is a repo that I may be able to buy (Desert Heat) that needs alot of work just wanted to know if it would be worth dealing with.

northernoffshore 01-26-2011 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3307070)
No pic.

found that one on google images.

thisistank 01-26-2011 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by DaBank (Post 3308413)
The reason I am asking about the 39 is there is a repo that I may be able to buy (Desert Heat) that needs alot of work just wanted to know if it would be worth dealing with.

Call Bob Teague at Teague Custom Marine, he'd be able to give you the inside scoop I would think.

LakeRacer 01-26-2011 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 3307376)
I'm fairly certain Magic produced a few more. They were pretty popular in the mid to late 90's. There was a really nice used one that was mostly all white for sale not more than a year ago.

Tank,
Wasn't there a nice renovated red one at Desert Storm a few years ago? I remember Powerboat taking many pictures of it (Tom Newby R.I.P) and also doing a write up on it and the owner.

Could be wrong but that is what I remember.

thisistank 01-26-2011 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by LakeRacer (Post 3308705)
Tank,
Wasn't there a nice renovated red one at Desert Storm a few years ago? I remember Powerboat taking many pictures of it (Tom Newby R.I.P) and also doing a write up on it and the owner.

Could be wrong but that is what I remember.

I don't recall that but PBM did test the 39 Voodoo w/525SC's in 1994. However, DaBank would have to order it online to see the full article as they're not in print online (waaaaay too much work:drink:).