Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What flush out hose connectors are there...? >

What flush out hose connectors are there...?

Notices

What flush out hose connectors are there...?

Old 02-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What flush out hose connectors are there...?

Just wondering what is out there other than the "cheesy" Perko set ups?

http://www.saltysmarine.com/index.ph...52ef00ffb4e487

The one I have is not that well made, sticks out from the hull a fair distance and it actually leaks when the hose is connected....I also worry because if the plastic cap is damaged obviously air is sucked into the system and an over heating issue can arise.....just wondering what everybody is using?????
Old 02-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Registered

I have been considering buying the prestone flush kit for radiators from an automotive store. They have three different sizes for whatever hose you need. Then you wouldnt have to deal with a bulky piece of junk on the side or back of your boat. Just have to deal with opening the hatch to connect the hose. Just my .02 though.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I have those mounted to a bracket just under the engine hatch. I also have them "Tee'd" into the water line with ball valves so they are either on or off.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Registered

I have a flush out port built into my sea strainer in the engine bay but that is what I am trying to avoid, dragging a hose over the side of the boat and under the hatch, far easier for me to just hook up the hose from the outside of the boat, plus I already have a fitting there so was looking for a better alternative, thanks.

I did find this, pricey, anybody using this?

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-13742...connector.aspx
Old 02-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Registered

Whats the advantage to going strait to the sea pump with a hose v/s hooking the muffs to the lower? So you dont get a dry start on the impeller?
Old 02-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by matthewr
Whats the advantage to going strait to the sea pump with a hose v/s hooking the muffs to the lower? So you dont get a dry start on the impeller?
One advantage is yes, priming the pump, the other I find is better water pressure from a hose connection rather then the muffs on the lower, to this day, I have never found a decent set of muffs.....

The set up I have now, I shut off the valve just before the sea strainer to the leg pick up and hook the hose to the hull mounted flush out port that goes to the top of the sea strainer, works well but as I said, the Perko one that is there is cheap and nasty.......