First "real" powerboat...advise? >

First "real" powerboat...advise?

Notices

First "real" powerboat...advise?

Old 01-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MetlShpr
Yep; he's about 2.5 hours away and we've already been in contact! Amazing how small the world is. I'd throw down cabbage on that boat in a heartbeat, but I'm not expecting it to wait for me. I don't mind making a road trip, but that boat being so close is like dangling raw meat in front of my Husky!

The reason I am looking for 25' and up and not 24' is that I've seen a lot of 24' Outlaws (which I have nothing against) have more of a step-down-in type cabin, which I'd like to stay away from if possible. I'm trying to balance enough bada$$ with being somewhat practical and think the 25' range will suit me more than fine without jumping into TOO much boat all at once.

Oh by the way; thanks for your help!
No prob, I just bought my boat last winter so I have been there. I looked at Active Thunder and liked them a lot, be aware though that if you really want one they dont pop up for sale all that often.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Freind of mine is selling 27 activatar w/ twinn merc 225's for 22,000 boat is real clean think it comes with trailer also
Old 01-25-2011, 09:38 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
This one was mentioned in another thread.

Might be worth looking at....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o37720-en.html
x3....
Old 01-26-2011, 05:12 AM
Registered

If that Thunder is that close get in your car and drive.
Perfect for what you are looking for and appears to be in great shape with a reasonable price.
As said before they don't come up for sale very often.

There is also a 28 Apache in the classies at a great price that looks like a great deal but it is twins.
Eather boat is a great choice for that lake.

Last edited by cosmic12; 01-26-2011 at 05:16 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tuffenuff355
Freind of mine is selling 27 activatar w/ twinn merc 225's for 22,000 boat is real clean think it comes with trailer also
You have my attention...ha ha. Noob question; what's the story on Activator boats? I've never heard of them. Do you know the year of the boat or any other info? Any pictures available? Thanks again.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12
If that Thunder is that close get in your car and drive.
Perfect for what you are looking for and appears to be in great shape with a reasonable price.
As said before they don't come up for sale very often.

There is also a 28 Apache in the classies at a great price that looks like a great deal but it is twins.
Eather boat is a great choice for that lake.
Yeah; that's why I'm so attracted to that boat- something I don't see a lot of, and you are right...perfect for what I'm looking for. I have a time frame though, unfortunately. Expecting a commission check next month and it's important to me to eliminate existing debt before signing up for more...haha! I have his phone number and may make a road trip this weekend to at least take a look. I wished him good luck selling it, but if it were still there within another month or so, I'd be after it.

The Apache sounds badass, but I really am looking for a single if it's an I/O. Thanks again, guys!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:51 AM
Registered

Call Sy Goldburg for your insurance, great guy with the best rates. I don't have his phone number with me, however lots of people on the board can help you with that.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by twin screws
Call Sy Goldburg for your insurance, great guy with the best rates. I don't have his phone number with me, however lots of people on the board can help you with that.

Hey thanks; I will check into it. This might sound dumb, but any reasons other than money why you wouldn't go thru your local agent?
Old 01-26-2011, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MetlShpr
Hey thanks; I will check into it. This might sound dumb, but any reasons other than money why you wouldn't go thru your local agent?
Because unless you have multiple houses, cars, etc. companies like State Farm are too expensive or they won't insure you at all. Shop Around. Also try Elton Porter.

And check out that 271 in the Classifieds. Formulas are heavy boats. Our 24 rode amazingly well for its size. I thought the 271 was excellent for its size too. And they are very well built. I have only been on a 32 AT, in 3 ' chop and it was fast but really didn't smooth out until it was near its top speed. It felt like it really had to be on top of the waves.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:14 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I do everything through State Farm. With decent credit and a good driving record insurance shouldn't be bad at all in Ohio. I pay $490 a year for my 342. $380 for the 29 Outlaw I sold last year. I moved from Ohio to KY a few years ago. I had a 23' Rinker, 29 Fountain and Baja 302 insured in Ohio in the last ten years. Never paid more than $500 per year. Erie region may be different than the Ohio River???

I've done all my financing through US Bank. I got a 15 yr loan on my 342, but had to put $$ down. Days of signing and boating are gone. They will typically loan 90% of NADA.

I don't think you can go wrong with all the boats you're looking at. Fountain will be faster, AT will ride better, Baja can be had at a great price and there will be lots to select from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.