Notices

Dogs and Boating

Old 01-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_302
We tried the pedipaws thing from the infomercial on our Bully. Didn't work worth a damn. Not nearly strong enough. I have a Dremel

Ha! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000C6DZ2?...1NMM2N95X5SPD&
I tried that too. works like crap but the dremel does the trick!
Old 01-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered

we take our great dane every weekend, with the powertoon, she can just walk up the back steps...
Old 01-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I took Molly on my boat when she was 4 months old. Figured I would get her used to boating and the water as my at the time 8 year old son wanted her to go with us when we went out. It was in mid-April, sunny, low 70's, beautiful day. Get into the cove and start to anchor up and I hear a splash. Cool. Dog is taking to the water right away. A few seconds later my son is crying, my wife is crying, and the dog is swimming away from the boat and sinking fast. Don't all dogs know how to swim? Especially a Golden Retriever?! Off come my clothes and into the 50 some degree water I go. Odd how such cold water actually feels like it burns when you are submerged in it. I get Molly back to the boat where she spends the next couple hours under a towel shivering. First and last outing for Molly!
Attached Thumbnails Dogs and Boating-molly1.jpg  
Old 01-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I took Molly on my boat when she was 4 months old. Figured I would get her used to boating and the water as my at the time 8 year old son wanted her to go with us when we went out. It was in mid-April, sunny, low 70's, beautiful day. Get into the cove and start to anchor up and I hear a splash. Cool. Dog is taking to the water right away. A few seconds later my son is crying, my wife is crying, and the dog is swimming away from the boat and sinking fast. Don't all dogs know how to swim? Especially a Golden Retriever?! Off come my clothes and into the 50 some degree water I go. Odd how such cold water actually feels like it burns when you are submerged in it. I get Molly back to the boat where she spends the next couple hours under a towel shivering. First and last outing for Molly!
Good rescue! That's one thing I am always concerned about. One of my dogs loves to lay on side of the sunpad when we are cruising and if he'd fall in at 30-40 it wouldnt be good. Even with his life jacket on I worry so I make sure he is always far enough away from the edge and if someone else is on the boat, that he is being held on with his leash
Old 01-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Banned

Default Dogs Swimming

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
First time we took our dog out, she took off swimming and she seemed to have no regard for how far she went away from the boat. We got worried she would run out of gas and drown, so we got her a life jacket and now she will swim for an hour if we let her. It took her a long time to not keep paddling her legs when in the water and instead simply float with us. She loves to sit on a float in the water and sun bath.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nakita, my 125lb female Malamute has ridden in my cousins
38 Magnum and my 21 Chaparral,she loved it, we also took her by boat to Gilberts
on Key Largo , she was a star there, people were falling over to pet her.
She has not ridden in my Carrera yet, the exhaust is too loud for her, she gets scared when I start it up.

http://www.lakepirates.com/forums/in...ttach_id=44532
Old 01-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Lucy's got her own boat! She loves riding in the 22 Pachanga. All I've got to say is BOAT RIDE and she runs down to the dock and hops on the boat!

Old 01-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Registered

Lucy's a cutie.!! We had a black lab but smaller than Lucy and when the cruiser was moored (late '80's), Barney would jump out car, in the gate, down the main pier, third finger pier to the left and jump on the Carver aft. Best dog I've owned. Lost him on fathers day weekend. 1995.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Downtown42
whaat's up Wrinkle-Fuzz ???? no pix of Geo on the boat?

Hope all is well !!!
George stays in the house!!!!!!!! Zup Dude!! Another boat yet????
Old 01-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Registered

i bring my dogs out for shorter trips where i know we will beach somewhere. would like to take them when we anchor out but there is the question... that everyone is thinking, but nobody is asking...

What do yall do for them in regards to going to the bathroom?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.