Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   MiniHawk made good on his word - Charity (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/246455-minihawk-made-good-his-word-charity.html)

rlj676 01-26-2011 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3308465)
That was tried and failed. I actually understand where Sam is coming from-- somewhat. The problem is, though he may be a very respectful guy in person he is unable to communicate that respect through words. In person, that might be a different story. For instance, I was at the grocery store today. I finish my shopping and proceed to push my cart to my car, mind you there is a full out blizzard going on. I unload my stuff and i leave the cart in between my car and the car parked next to me. In this particular lot, the cart drop off is across the lot and there is 3 feet of room between each parking spot. An older gentleman was getting into his car as he sees me pushing the cart to the curb between the two cars. He looks at me and says "So you're just going to leave it there?" I responded "Yes, as long as it's not blocking the parking spot. The next person can grab it when they go in." He looked at me and said "That's the problem with your generation, your LAZY!" I looked back at him and said "Sir, respectfully, if it bothers you that I'm leaving the cart here, I will be glad to return it across the parking lot. But, don't be so quick to judge. Have a nice day, drive safe, and please let me get your door." He apologized for his grumpiness and we parted ways.

Simply put, when that grumpy old man saw what I did he was upset. He had no respect for me, nor my generation. However, as my elder, that man deserves my respect. He is far wiser and smart than myself. Respect is everything.What good is that respect if your unable to communicate it?

He was correct.:drink:

Carts everywhere in the lot is a pet peeve of mine, and I'm a crotchety old man at 30.

packinair 01-26-2011 08:13 PM

awww hell... now I have to go get the captain.. be back shortly.. this is NOT going to end well

PhantomChaos 01-26-2011 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown (Post 3308527)
I agree 100%.

FWIW I don't think you do the kid any favors by letting him back in after sending the check. It just shows that you can buy people off and that money solves everything.

IMO his Mom sounds like an enabler. I'm sure she's nice, but most enablers are. It sounds like the general consensus on this forum is to get right in line and help her enable his bad behavior.

:Whatever::picard1::picard1:

PhantomChaos 01-26-2011 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by packinair (Post 3308547)
awww hell... now I have to go get the captain.. be back shortly.. this is NOT going to end well

Are you going to make good on your generous offer to send money to WILD's charity too? What about the others?

twin screws 01-26-2011 08:26 PM

Can't we just all get along, and by the way DollaBill I like your old avitar the best, HaHa!!!

99fever27 01-26-2011 08:27 PM

1) I am happy the charity received a donation!! That's awesome! :ernaehrung004:

2) Thanks for flushing out all these ass hats!! My ignore button is red hot... :picard1:

Sam has nothing on some of you guys...WOW :eek:

99fever27 01-26-2011 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 3308573)
Are you going to make good on your generous offer to send money to WILD's charity too? What about the others?

:party-smiley-004:

Biggus 01-26-2011 08:30 PM

Awww, let the kid back in. There's a lot bigger clowns/posers on this site than Sam! :drink: :lolhit:

Kurt :drink:

Airpacker 01-26-2011 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Expensive Date (Post 3308411)
I have tried with this kid I really did.I have a mildly Autistic son and honestly I would not want him on this board.The kidding and B/B that goes back and forth is not helping him.I feel bad for him I really do but if he really does have social skills problems he is not going to get over them on a computer all day.
I invited him to do a poker run with me if he would just answer a few basic questions,no reply.He is not a kid he is 17 when he gets tanked one night and kills someone will he still be a kid?He needs professional help and no one on this board is qualified to give it in fact most here could probably use it also.
Yes he sent the check when pushed so did Sunkin should we welcome him back also?I really feel bad about writing this but we as a group will make his problems worse.

Tim, I have to agree with your assesment of Sam. I personally have been on the receiving end of some of his attack vitriol in pm's he sent me on SOS when I was a MOD over there.

He has some serious issues and the reality of a "Big Boys" forum such as OSO is probably far beyond what his limited social ability
can handle.

He needs to do some personal growing before he can cope with the varied social interactions that make up this place. I'm no docotor but I do have an opinion of Sam that he himself through his actions and words has formed and its not really a good one.

Maybe he is a "good kid" and a "nice kid" in person BUT, he sure as h e l l isn't on the forums he participates on.

OldSchool 01-26-2011 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 3308573)

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...s-charity.html

Myself, Knot 4 Me and CigDaze were the only three who agreed to match any donation that Sam made (up to $500) if he sent it in that day. He didn't and chose to act like a tough guy instead. :rolleyes: We all donated the next day as well as a few other people, but it was disappointing to me that so few people stepped up. Whatever....

Look, if the mods here want to give the kid Sam ANOTHER chance, that is their choice and they are the ones who willl have to deal with it. Not my problem.....and the ignore feature is there for people who want it :D