Ballistic- Seems like a buy.......... >

Ballistic- Seems like a buy..........

Notices

Ballistic- Seems like a buy..........

Old 01-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marine concepts
Don't mean to ruffle feathers. And I'm not saying nortech is bad, they build some great boats. But a rudder boat is different than a six boat. I'm also not saying it isn't fast for its size, handling is different than speed. The boat is a heck of a buy, but plan on getting rid of the rudder and shaft drives and put some 6's on it and should be fine. Either way I'm sure MES and PBB will do anything they can to make the new owner happy.
No feathers ruffled , but now I am confused.... if it didn't have a rudder it wouldnt' be a fiberglass paperwight ?? Now its fast for its size, put some 6's instead of rudders and it will be fine ???? Uhmmmmm.. Ok glad we have it all straight now !!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Registered

Last edited by marine concepts; 01-27-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Registered

Smile

Ive been watching them try to sell this 47 for years..... Several years ago, the TAOD paint cost over 100K, however I dont know what kind of condition its in, or if anyones been taking care of it..... The retractible hardtop was a bad idea, bcuz you cannot see behind you.... Thats why they've gotten away from that, and went to Roadsters.... Apparently their just isnt a big market for that 47,,, too bad bcuz it was stunning when debuted in 2007....
Old 01-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Registered

Default If I were in the market...

I'd ditch the rudder, throw in some 700/NXT's and have Nor-Tech Roadster convert it like Danger Zone...

Would be a dialed, reliable, fairly fast and great looking boat for under 300K...
Old 01-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Ive been watching them try to sell this 47 for years..... Several years ago, the TAOD paint cost over 100K, however I dont know what kind of condition its in, or if anyones been taking care of it..... The retractible hardtop was a bad idea, bcuz you cannot see behind you.... Thats why they've gotten away from that, and went to Roadsters.... Apparently their just isnt a big market for that 47,,, too bad bcuz it was stunning when debuted in 2007....
How many retractable top boats have you ridden in? Plenty of people are having fun in canopied boats as pleasure rides and those tops don't retract. Also, the people that I know with full canopies have a review camera incase they want to look back to admire their rooster tail.

I'd take a retractable over a roadster any day..

I don't get the "long time lurker instant know it all" chit..

Last edited by baywatch; 01-27-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I recall some discussion about the retractable tops from a safety standpoint; if its open will you get thrown clear before it goes upside down? (Kind of the same logic in not wearing a seatbelt in an open cockpit boat.) And is a retractable top as strong as a fixed canopy if you go upside down when it's closed?
Old 01-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

I feel the retractable HD, seriously cool, Best of both worlds. As far as safety overall, I would guess it is NOT as strong, same theory as a removable top in a car, basic safetyrobably, catastrophic, not so much. Personally I think we ride in boats for the sunny side up, not seeing the fishes up close and personal anyway... Just having a little fun, but I think the removable HT on the outerlimits is also in the same type of realm, sure would be nice on the "cool" days.

The cameras are also the ticket, seems like :star wars" once you are down inside.

As far as on a non-tilt trailer, whats so bad with that, you can pull the boat with a 3500 or 4500 pick up, no semi needed. You are still going to need permits, so that is really a not an issue anyway. Lets face it, how offten are you going to want to pull that beast cross country anyway?

As I stated in the earlier thread, I think this is the look cool boat, not the fastest, but I would bet, ALMOST everyone at the tie ups/docks would be over in a heartbeat to check it out... Lets face it, for most people, Bling/paint is what really gets the attention!

Last edited by bajaholic; 01-27-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LESSONLEARNED

Would be a dialed, reliable, fairly fast and great looking boat for under 300K...
+ 1

still a beautiful boat
Old 01-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Like Lessonlearned said.

My friend Bob who owns Speed Racer talked to Randy at MTI about trading it in on a non-rudder, 6 seat boat. After many talks, Bob decided it was smarter and a whole lot cheaper to make Speedy into a 6 seat, #6 boat. So, it will make its re-debut in a few weeks at the Islamorada Run.

The Nor-Tech new was over a million. At $149K you could take it back to Nor-Tech, convert it to a #6 open top boat for $150k, put in whatever power you want, and be into a 47' million dollar cat for around $400k.

I don't have that kind of cash but it could be a great deal.

Last edited by Tom A.; 01-27-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Registered

The detail in the paint is pretty amazing up close.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.