Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed! >

Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed!

Notices

Check out the latest issue of Powerboat Magazine - You wont be disappointed!

Old 02-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Mine came today as well...Looking forward to checking it out later.
+1 same here
Old 02-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Registered

Default still waiting.....

I have yet to receive the latest issue, OR the one before that!! Also really appreciate when you call to see if maybe the subscription ran out they tell you it "should" be there....
Old 02-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered
Gold Member

def improving again! I think its hard to make everyone happy. I do agree yhat there should be comparison test on props ect just like the car mags do. The project articles is a good idea also.I never hear they hate a boat on a boat test when we all know there is some junk out there!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by omerta one
No mag yet for me either.

Nothing for me yet up in the great white north.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really thought I had something when I pulled it out of the mailbox. Till I realized half the mag was a towing guide. What a joke.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by redbud35
I really thought I had something when I pulled it out of the mailbox. Till I realized half the mag was a towing guide. What a joke.
It just goes to show you can't please all the people all the time, as I rather ejoyed the little towing guide. Oh well!!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
There was a lot racing coverage in the last issue. Actually, there was a lot of racing coverage in the last two issues.

Racing is a tough one. It is what people call a cost center—race coverage brings in nothing and costs a fortune. Yet something lke 75 percent of Powerboat readers say they want offshore racing coverage. (As for the other forms of racing the magazine covers, their draw is significantly lower, hence they get significantly less coverage.) So offshore race coverage is what magazine folks like to call a "reader service" as opposed to a revenue generator.

The key, as everyone here seems to agree, is striking a balance. Trust me, it's a daily discussion and I like to think we're making headway. But it's never completely done.
Matt, I thinks it's great that you are taking the time to read these and write back! I agree with most of these responses and I do think it's getting better although 65+ pages is still too small. Readers rides were always a cool Hot Boat feature. I drove to Books-A-Million and Barnes & Nobles and No Powerboat yet here in FL. I guess I will subscribe again. There are some very cool stories out there right now. Skater 388 SLW, Nortech 52, MTI's w/ 1350's, Outerlimits Cat with Big Whipples, DCB M31 1350's(173mph) and M35 with
1350's , and the M35 with Teague 1350's. A lot happening that's new and exciting right now for sure....
Old 02-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cavanti53
Matt, I thinks it's great that you are taking the time to read these and write back! I agree with most of these responses and I do think it's getting better although 65+ pages is still too small. Readers rides were always a cool Hot Boat feature. I drove to Books-A-Million and Barnes & Nobles and No Powerboat yet here in FL. I guess I will subscribe again. There are some very cool stories out there right now. Skater 388 SLW, Nortech 52, MTI's w/ 1350's, Outerlimits Cat with Big Whipples, DCB M31 1350's(173mph) and M35 with
1350's , and the M35 with Teague 1350's. A lot happening that's new and exciting right now for sure....
Matt, I also think it is good sign you read this forum and care about our ideas. Thanks for taking the time!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Registered

I got mine a few days ago, and was pretty excited by how thick it was. Then I opened it, and found that a bunch of that thickness was made by a special towing insert\advertising special. Still was happy to get the new issue, just as I always am. Lots of racing coverage in this one.

Matt. When you said "Racing is a tough one. It is what people call a cost center—race coverage brings in nothing and costs a fortune. "

Wouldn't anything that's not selling an ad bring in nothing? When you test a new boat, you're not bringing in direct revenue.

Of course neither of these things "brings in nothing", they're just not as easily quantifiable as selling a full page ad to Formula. They bring you readers who dictate your ad rates. I think it's safe to say that there are a bunch of readers who wouldn't subscribe if there was no racing coverage.

Every time my subscription nears it's end, I think about not reupping, but always do, because I realize how much I'd miss it.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
I got my first issue of Powerboat last week. Im glad I finally resubscribed. Nice cheap alternative to staring at a computer screen to look at boats.

BTW, nice little piece on Terry Sobo.
just received my issue last night...Sobo's overrated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.