If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Official OSO boat whore Charter Member
    My Boats:
    8' row boat
    Mequon, WI
    jb-on my boat, I'm wheeling n dealing, selling a bunch of used stuff, buying used parts, reusing parts from my old boat, including my free labor and the boat is still costing me 45k. Add in all the cheap stuff that I have, bill the labor and add some profit, buy a new hull and the boat will easily be over a 100k. Expensive, yes. Out of line? No.

My Boats:
    '77 Martini 7 Meter
    Honeoye, NY
    Yeah, when I finally blew the 330 BB after 950 hrs. in the old '77 Martini, I decided it was time to upgrade. Well, imagine my surprise to find that I just couldn't afford to boat in the manner to which I had become accostomed. So I took the 3K worth of junk I had, 1.5 years or my life, another 20K, and now I have a beautiful classic that blows the doors off most of the stuff that PBM tests for 100K+. Bottom line is---You either have to have lots of bucks to play, or you work your a$$ off and build it yourself!! Actually I think I had lots more fun doing it myself than if I could have afforded to buy it. Now I look at the new prices and "snile" (Thats a sneer & a smile) --- Jer

My Boats:
    Formula 29PC
    Boonville, NY USA
    I know how Greg feels, every year we just watch more and more boats get further out of reach... while our salary stays the same. I really don't know how some people do it, new homes, new car and truck, new boat, summer house on the water, ect... ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12