Notices

Dallas Drivers are....

Old 02-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

received 19-20 inches up in Wisconsin over the past 3 days, drifts on some of the rural roads near me have 8-10 foot drifts ! have an H1 Hummer and having a blast! Oh, I almost forgot, AND the schools are OPEN today!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Griff
if you know how to drive them.
Cat, this is the KEY sentence right here
Old 02-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drive a Crown Vic around in snow, sometimes 10+ inches, all the time. RWD with decent snow tires will do better than a lot FWD cars if you know how to drive them.
I have a 300 Hemi with performance tires, that's why I haven't been out. We haven't had any precip since the first snowfall so I think the roads should be pretty clear now.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ok, if I had a nickel for every time I heard "Geez, the drivers here in (insert city or state) are complete jackazzes" (or something similar), I'd be rich by now.

So, does anyone know a location where drivers are fairly intelligent on the average? That's information I'd be interested in.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 178 Likes on 66 Posts

I drive a Crown Vic around in snow, sometimes 10+ inches, all the time. RWD with decent snow tires will do better than a lot FWD cars if you know how to drive them.
A Crown Vic with 4 Blizzaks is one of my all time favorites in the snow. (And I drive a 4x4 F-150.) I'll take RWD over FWD about any day of the week!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Registered

Yes, residents here in Dallas have burrowed in because we've got ice. The roads were real icy yesterday, but as long people use common sense, you'll be fine. The majority of the main roads haven't been any issue for the Tahoe (then again, it doesn't matter what you drive if you're sliding on ice).
Old 02-02-2011, 01:50 PM
msm
Registered

Default Road Salt Is The Difference

Originally Posted by antknee
We get a little ice and snow flakes and this city shuts down and drivers get completely retarded...the people here for the superbowl are used to driving in conditions like this and are probably laughing or cussing at us locals!!!
Don't be so hard on yourself. The people from Wisconsin actually aren't used to driving in super slippery conditions because we use a ton of salt on the roads up here, and from what I've heard, you don't.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by msm
Don't be so hard on yourself. The people from Wisconsin actually aren't used to driving in super slippery conditions because we use a ton of salt on the roads up here, and from what I've heard, you don't.
DOT uses sand here.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by msm
True, We dont have near the resources as states that deal with inclement weather like this so that is a huge part of it. And driving around yesterday it seemed to me our roads really are not designed around ice and snow like maybe states up north, there almost seems to be more leeway for mistakes on the roads in northern states?.?.?. Good news about Texas is in 2 days itll probably be back up to 70's again!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by antknee
True, We dont have near the resources as states that deal with inclement weather like this so that is a huge part of it. And driving around yesterday it seemed to me our roads really are not designed around ice and snow like maybe states up north, there almost seems to be more leeway for mistakes on the roads in northern states?.?.?. Good news about Texas is in 2 days itll probably be back up to 70's again!!!
Just saw the forecast, no such luck. 50s for the Super Bowl though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.