Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Miami Boat Show. Any recommendations where to stay? >

Miami Boat Show. Any recommendations where to stay?

Notices

Miami Boat Show. Any recommendations where to stay?

Old 02-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Miami Boat Show. Any recommendations where to stay?

Any condo's or hotel's that are not outrageous in price in the area?
We started calling some VRBO's and the prices run from low(across the bay) to crazy penthouse prices. Just not sure if we should stay near the show in case the traffic is bad or being able to walk/taxi back after drinking, our first time down for the show.
Where do you stay?
Thanks
Old 02-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Registered

Buddy just got a room at the Blue Moon a couple days ago! Not sure what U R look'n 2 spend! Personally I stay w/ in walk'n distance of everything & don't rent a car! Parking & drive'n as U say if U have some totties! 4 me pay'n a little more 2 B close is worth it! Good luck! My 19th year 2 the show!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I can totally relate to your dilemma. Since traffic sucks down there, you want to be close, but in order to do so it'll either cost you 350-500+ bucks a night or you're in a roach motel shthole. The other problem is parking. It's nearly impossible to find a reasonable place with free parking. Most hotels charge 20+ bucks a day or you end up in some public pay lot.

Last year we stayed at the Beach Paradise Hotel 600 Ocean Dr. It was decent, nothing special, but decent. They had free parking, we could walk to the show, and it was only like 200 bucks a night. A place like that is tough to find.

Last edited by CigDaze; 02-04-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CigDaze
I can totally relate to your dilemma. Since traffic sucks down there, you want to be close, but in order to do so it'll either cost you 350-500+ bucks a night or you're in a roach motel shthole. The other problem is parking. It's nearly impossible to find a reasonable place with free parking. Most hotels charge 20+ bucks a day or you end up in some public pay lot.

Last year we stayed at the Beach Paradise Hotel 600 Ocean Dr. It was decent, nothing special, but decent. They had free parking, we could walk to the show, and it was only like 200 bucks a night. A place like that is tough to find.
& prolly filled up by now???????
Old 02-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Wrinkleface's Room !

He is staying at the "SAND CASTLE MOTEL",the rooms are cheap but you can only get to them at low tide.