Notices

1000 Islands ... COLD ...

Old 05-19-2002, 12:46 AM
wilerty

Default 1000 Islands ... COLD ...

Had the boat out for the second time this year today. I think we are paying for our mild winter. I've been up there four times this spring and the high temperature may have been 50. At least you don't use as much gas since it's too painful to go much over 50MPH. The engine temp tops out at about 120. Well, at least there isn't much traffic on The River.

I washed the boat and when I came back in, the mop was frozen. I think it's about 20 degrees colder in the boathouse with the wind blowing. During the heat of summer that's helpful ... now it's painful.

Maybe we'll catch a break for this coming long weekend ...

Old 05-19-2002, 12:55 AM
Moon_nites

Angry THE PITS!!

Wilerty:

My younger bro in NH said he got about 1/2" snow today and they are showing snow near Albany. I am originally from Watertown (my other younger bro lives there yet) so I know what you are going thru. Good luck with some milder weather and hope to meet you, Shane from Lake George and other dudes from Syracuse, Adams and good old Canada this year at the 1000 Is Poker Run!

Old 05-19-2002, 07:52 AM
jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wilerty,
Usually we have been up there several times by now.
The weather has kept us home. We went to the Clayton show just to get up there but the weather has been awful after our big tease week in the 80's. Heck ...my boat is still up there, have not brought it home from Aquamania.
jb
Old 05-19-2002, 08:31 AM
Registered

I watched the weather this morning.. it's "supposed" to warm up later this week, and looks pretty good for next weekend. We'll be up to the bay for our first time on the water, weather permiting. Keep our fingers crossed for a nice weekend.
At least with this dreadful weather I've got the boat cleaned up spotless, and easy to maintain since we haven't taken it out of the shed.
Had to laugh watching CNN this morning, had a report on global warming, HA.
Old 05-19-2002, 08:45 AM
wilerty

jb: Didn't I see that you sold your Scarab? I assume that was yours at the Clayton show. Nice graphics. Have you found anything new yet?

9/11 has affected the poker run in June. The stops are Cape Vincent, Clayton, Ogdensburg, and ABay ... no Canada. In August, there is only one stop in the US at ABay.

Old 05-19-2002, 05:19 PM
Registered

Wilerty, were you running over on the Canadian side by Rockport last Saturday? I was up there fishing,staying at Caigers. The fishing sucked so we just sat and drank and watched the boats go by. We saw a nice Velocity go by that looks like your avatar. Sounded good too!
Old 05-19-2002, 08:37 PM
Registered

Moon nites,

Looking forward to meeting you as well. We had a few inches here but luckily by the time we got back it had all melted. I sure hope summer gets here this year!
Old 05-19-2002, 10:15 PM
wilerty

hammereab: I was at The River yesterday(Sat) and last Saturday. I made several runs in the US channel from ABay east past Goose Bay but was not in the canadian channel although I do make that loop on a regular basis. I keep my boat at Hutchinson's in ABay. Stop by and say hello ... I'm in slip #39.

Old 05-19-2002, 10:33 PM
Registered

Hey, You guys that run the islands frequently: Just how nasty is it going to get crossing back & forth like we always have before the 9-11 thing? The island we stay on near Brockville is Canadian but the best watering hole is the Harbor Inn in Morristown. This usually results in numerous innocent but undocumented crossings during our stay. Do you guys anticipate some serious problems for casual crossers this summer? Should we start getting permits and documents now?? Any accurate info. would be greatly appreciated! --- Jer
Old 05-20-2002, 04:19 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JpClear, I think your wife wants to stay at a nice resort. Time to make your reservations for the Riveredge. LOL

Quick Reply: 1000 Islands ... COLD ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.