Notices

Flame arrestors??

Old 01-31-2011, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flame arrestors??

Bought a 90 powerquest 290 enticer and the guy has two tall 5" k&n air cleaners, they look great but they are automotive, not marine. I need some nice flame arrestors or maybe just the stock hi-performance arrestors with pcv tubes. any suggestions appreciated!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Registered

Which motors do you have?? May be able to help
Old 01-31-2011, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Are they the red K&N's? If so I was told by a coasty that they were legal.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

K&N does make a USCG approved set/series. However if you still don't want to use them or like them, I can offer you the ss mesh style in different varieties.. Jamie / Lakeside
Old 02-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Registered

i have twin 454 mag. the k&n's are the red but talked to a rep and gave him the filter #'s and he said they weren't marine type. I just don't want a fire. have been looking at the seirra international brand hi-performance arrestors, they are about 100 bucks and i can run my stock covers. Let me know guys. The filters look like the regular automotive filters with the guaze.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered

I have been doing some research and im finding k&n filters that look just like mine, the tall ones. Im gonna research the #'s on the filters and see for sure, maybe that guy was just trying to sell me another filter?? Those filters are fine, but thought about going back to a hi performance stock arrestor so i don't have to mess with the cleaning and oiling of the k&n. I will need one of the tall arrestors, seirra international has a really nice one pn 18-7232????think thats it
Old 02-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Registered

Lakeside resto....what kind of deal can you get me on some corsa long slash cut exhaust tips, no mufflers with internial flappers. I have some silencer tips that need to come off!! Please let me know. will be needing them in a few months.Thanks ....Robert
Old 02-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by 290enticer
Lakeside resto....what kind of deal can you get me on some corsa long slash cut exhaust tips, no mufflers with internial flappers. I have some silencer tips that need to come off!! Please let me know. will be needing them in a few months.Thanks ....Robert
I sent you a PM.. Jamie / Lakeside
Old 02-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Registered

correction, they are 454 330hp. Anyone have the hi-performance arrestors for these engines?? Im interested. Im gonna run the #'s on the k&n filters but don't think they are marine grade???
Old 02-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by 290enticer
correction, they are 454 330hp. Anyone have the hi-performance arrestors for these engines?? Im interested. Im gonna run the #'s on the k&n filters but don't think they are marine grade???
Sure, K&N also makes ones that are marine approved. Otherwise the ss mesh ones that other manufacturers make will work. We offer many different varieties.. Jamie / Lakeside Restorations