Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Great read...if you can find it!!! >

Great read...if you can find it!!!

Notices

Great read...if you can find it!!!

Old 05-20-2002, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great read...if you can find it!!!

The wife was having a gar(b)age sale this past weekend. She came across a box of old books I had kept in storage for a few years. You know the typical ones...Swim With The Sharks and How To Win Friends and Influence People...

Anyway, one of the books she cam across that I had to keep is, "The Guide to High Performance Powerboating". It was written by Joanne Fishman in 1989. It's a cool book that talks about the first powerboats and origins of racing, the Don Aronow Era, Betty Cook "The racing grandmother", Al Copeland and the Popeyes racing team, Don Johnson and his world championship, Fabio Buzzi, Tom Gentry, etc...

If you can find it. Grab it. You won't put it down until you read it cover-to-cover. FYI, the book has Tom Gentry's 110-foot Gentry Eagle on the front cover.

Anyone else had the pleasure of reading this book.

Ricochet
Old 05-20-2002, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah! I found a copy at a remainders type bookstore in the mill stores in Fall River, MA a few years ago (they had a bunch of them). Great book. A copy turned up out here and I grabbed it for a Christmas present for a performance boating buddy. He loved it too. It's fun to look at the list of manufacturers in the back too.