Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A BIG Thank You to TerrieP! >

A BIG Thank You to TerrieP!

Notices

A BIG Thank You to TerrieP!

Old 05-19-2002, 07:29 PM
SunseekerNY

Thumbs up A BIG Thank You to TerrieP!

Terrie Polli (RonP's wife) sent me a very beautiful greeting for National Friendship week entitled "Stop and Smell the Roses." It made me think (for a change).

I missed my ten year class reunion because I had to attend an "important" boat race. I always regretted it. Now, my twenty year reunion is in two years.

I have since used the internet to seek out about two dozen old friends, some of whom I have not spoken to in 20 plus years. I registered with Classmates.com and started running searches. I found kids I used to take skating lessons with when I was twelve! I found old college roommates and surfing buddies from the beach in Hawaii. I even found a few ex-boyfriends, one of which who told me to "Go to Hell" (get over it dude!) It has been a real stroll down memory lane, and a few advance reunions are planned. I can't wait. You can't buy this. Time is so precious.

Thank you Terrie.

Carpe Diem,
Jennifer

Old 05-19-2002, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't bother going.

Sunseeker, My wife and I went to my 10 year reunion and boy did we regret it. I had gone from a long haired hippy dope smoking hippy girl chasing smart ass to a up and coming mature young man and they thought I was someone else. If these people were really your friends you would have kept up with them. You can't relive your youth and from what I can tell and see of you now you are probably way ahead of the game anyway. The girls will all be jealous and the guys were just dogs anyway, and at that age we couldn't help it Go to a boat race and enjoy yourself, new flowers grow every day, don't waste time on the dead ones. Just my .02
Old 05-19-2002, 09:29 PM
SunseekerNY

Dear Bucky:

Last summer I was informed that the mother of one of my dearest friends had died. One friend called another and so on, and within a day the entire old gang from Fire Island had reassembled from all points of the country at the wake. With a few exceptions, none of us had seen each other in ten years.

Steve was downright shocked at this (so was I). It was like a great episode of "Where are they now." Everyone's lives had turned out so great. It was truly a wonderful experience - yeah, a funeral.

I also noticed that besides his close business associates, not a friend was in sight. I wondered if in fact he had any now.

You never have friends again like you did when you were in high school and college. Your life changes too much. Too many other things become far more important.

I'd like to see how things turned out for everyone. It's not a popularity contest anymore. This is life, and I wish everyone the best.

Jennifer

Old 05-20-2002, 12:04 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

I graduated high school in78 and I went to the 40th anniversary reunion of our schools opening a couple of years ago. I wasnt going to go for the longest time but in the end I did and I had an absolute BLAST!!! It was the most fun Id had in a long time, seeing old friends and aquantinces, Everyone was so friendly and willing to talk, I ended up having long conversations with people I never talked to even once while I was IN school LOL! Of course there was lots of "look at her....." and "those are fake!!!'' and "he's getting a little thin on top" but it was more just observations than being nasty. I felt sorry for my date because she didnt know hardly anyone and I couldnt walk ten feet without seeing someone I knew. I didnt want the night to end so I didnt ,I invited everyone who wanted to go back to my place and we ended up with about 50 people all over the house, cars all over the lawn the music cranked, smoking dope out in the garage,dancing, lots of great conversation.....a HOOT!! I had this girl who was nice but more than a little bookish in school who is now quite sensual and very confident and who won the unofficial "geek to gorgeous" contest (voted on by us guys) come up to me and say"This is SO much FUN!! I am finally at a "COOL "party!! Thanks for having it!!" and gave me a big long kiss on the lips right in front of her husband LOL as a matter of fact all the women seemed very horny, must be "late 30s sexual peak thing".....anyway, GO!!! the key is to have a couple of really stiff drinks when you first get there.......worked for me!!!.................Doug.
Old 05-20-2002, 08:21 AM
SunseekerNY

Should I make an "ENTERANCE," or keep a low profile!

Actually, everyone thinks my life is so great. It's not. I work (or work out) 24/7. I'm single. I will never have children. I live alone, and I go shopping when I'm bored because I have no close friends in the area that I can call up and say "Wanna go for a walk." I don't have time for friends. My life is actually pretty pathetic. I live for the chase. I could care nothing about the kill. It's the journey. Well, when you put it that way, I'm having a blast!

Jennifer

Old 05-20-2002, 09:15 AM
Miami

Jennifer
Good people are easy to find, good friends have to be cultivated. It can often be a long process!

The neat thing about being an adult is that we are in control of our lives. If we are not satisfied with our lives, we have the power to change them. It is common for everyone to want " something else ". Many times we want something else and upon arriving their, we realize it is not what we really wanted. Often times we want but do not know what we want.

Take the time to realize how great life is. Be it five minutes per day or five hours. We on the board, have the commonality of the soothing powers of the water. Enjoy it and you will be well ahead of the game

Paul

Old 05-20-2002, 10:19 AM
Registered

Jennifer-- Without any question DO NOT make an "entrance". Believe me, there will be lots of people there who will have put on a few pounds so your good looks and in shape phsique will make a big enough statement, no need whatsoever to push it in anyones face, be HUMBLE. I know you'll obsess on this to the Nth degree but wear something kind of sexy but understated for sure, that way you'll get to talk to not only the guys but the girls also...........Doug
Old 05-20-2002, 10:24 AM
Registered

I think "smouldering" is the correct term......Doug
Old 05-20-2002, 10:26 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to my 10 yrs reunion and had the time of my LIFE

mike
Old 05-20-2002, 11:48 AM
SunseekerNY

Twin:

I honestly had no intention of making an enterance. That is the exact reason I missed my tenth. I was offered a helicopter from the race in Jersey back to Long Island, and I declined - it wasn't an offshore race or a poker run where that's expected.

As for attire, I was thinking vintage Channel.

Jennifer

Quick Reply: A BIG Thank You to TerrieP!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.