Notices

Go Pro Owners

Old 02-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Does it still balance okay? How is the battery life with it?
I used it with the screen on a hunt we did this last weekend. Had it mounted to the top of the vehicle we were hunting off of. I left the screen on the whole time.

Battery life was just about cut in half with the screen running. I changed the setting for the nest go around. Now it should only be on for 60 seconds after power up. Didn't get a chance to run it long enough to see what the results were in that setting.

We were hunting in the late morning. Sunlight was fairly bright. I could make out the horizon on the screen but that was about it. That gave me enough of a reference point to tell me what I needed to know. I'm sure had I covered the screen up a little with my hands it would have been easier to view.

Buck
Old 02-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Hows the screen in direct sunlight?

I think Id probably end up using it just for positioning then pull the back off.

Im having issues with vibration and movement now forcing me to stabilize shots after the fact and that tends to soften the picture.

I feel more weight would make this problem even worse.

Uncle Dave
If I had to do it over again, I probably would have went with a different product. The screen has added enough weight to where I'd begin to question it's stability in the same situations. The screen has decreased the battery life substantially and is quite difficult to simply shut off (you have to go through the setting menu.) It'd be better if there was a way to shut the screen off while in shoot, like a double click, to save battery life.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
If I had to do it over again, I probably would have went with a different product. The screen has added enough weight to where I'd begin to question it's stability in the same situations. The screen has decreased the battery life substantially and is quite difficult to simply shut off (you have to go through the setting menu.) It'd be better if there was a way to shut the screen off while in shoot, like a double click, to save battery life.
Did you try the 60 second setting for the screen? That seems to work fine for me.

As for stability and weight. I had it attached to a rack on the top of a suburban going through mesquite trees and 4' high brush. We were bouncing around chasing hogs at speeds up to 30-35 mph. The video turned out great.

Buck

Last edited by buck183; 02-24-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Received mine a couple days ago. It's a cool add on. I'm just a little curious about the weight factor. It has made the gopro quite a heavy piece.
Mastercraft nice set-up & looks pretty BIG or is it just the pics ?
Old 02-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
Mastercraft nice set-up & looks pretty BIG or is it just the pics ?
Its just the pictures RHR. The camera is about the size of the palm of your hand. Maybe 2 and a half inches thick.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Jay is there a way to set it up and just use the screen to see the shot your gettingf?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buck183
Did you try the 60 second setting for the screen? That seems to work fine for me.

As for stability and weight. I had it attached to a rack on the top of a suburban going through mesquite trees and 4' high brush. We were bouncing around chasing hogs at speeds up to 30-35 mph. The video turned out great.

Buck

When mounting to a relatively stable secure surface like a body panel on a car or on my boat I have no issues.

Its when I can only mount on something that moves around- like a fender on a quad I have issues.

More weight would make the issues worse.

I like the 60 second mode
(well I like the idea I've never used it)

That way I can frame up what I need and then it will just conserve battery life.

UD
Old 02-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Banned

Its just the pictures RHR. The camera is about the size of the palm of your hand. Maybe 2 and a half inches thick.
Cool
thnx MC
Old 02-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
Cool
thnx MC
Its tiny RHR.

It has a surprisingly good fixed lens.

Uncle Dave

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 02-25-2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: add my name
Old 02-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Its tiny RHR.

It has a surprisingly good fixed lens.

Uncle Dave
does it accept a bigger battery ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.