Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Advertising your boat for sale, is it even worth it? >

Advertising your boat for sale, is it even worth it?

Notices

Advertising your boat for sale, is it even worth it?

Old 02-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Advertising your boat for sale, is it even worth it?

I have had more guys that are either dreamers. very bored or just plain full of crap. The amount of time wasted with yoyo's is incredible.
Guys call with 100 questions but know the answers or what they believe are the answers so they answer their own question in the next breath.
If it's legitimate questions, I am more then happy to spend all the time with them because I like talking boat. It's the people that call because they have nothing better to do are the ones that drive me crazy.

This weekend I get a call at 11:30 at night and i don't answer. He called again Saturday while i was in the shower and leaves a message. He sounded like he may be from Jamaica, Trinidad or ???

I'm calling about the Marines Technology Supercat boat in the Dupont registry. This is my second call and I would appreciate a return call!! I am interested in purchasing the boat. Can you give me a list of the amenities? does it have a stand up shower, can it sleep 6, is there a kitchen and what would it cost to put a t-top on it? Is it gas or diesel.

I haven't called him back yet, i'm waiting for a price on the t-top.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Good News !

At least we now know that you shower ! I hope you got the boat show tickets.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I can only imagine what kind of crap you are dealing with. I got plenty when I was selling my cig. I had someone ask me over the phone if it had an aft cabin... also had people ask what make the outboard was. The sad part is they were dead serious.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:31 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last time I wanted to sell something I was advised to get an extra "pay as you go cell phone". Record a detailed message and only turn it on when you have time to deal with it. Best advice I have had in a while.

Also set up a separate e-mail addy for the same purpose.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Wobble
Last time I wanted to sell something I was advised to get an extra "pay as you go cell phone". Record a detailed message and only turn it on when you have time to deal with it. Best advice I have had in a while.

Also set up a separate e-mail addy for the same purpose.
Through my gmail account, I get a free "Google Voice" account as well.

You choose your own phone number (you can get really creative ), and you can then link it to one or all of your individual phone accounts (so all your phones ring at the same time using only one number). The beauty is that no one ever knows your real phone numbers. My google voice number is the only number I give out anymore, and the best part is that you can block any and all incoming calls that you wish. All for Free!!

Try getting a number blocked through your cell service; it ain't happening.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

I don't have this problem. When I advertised my boat in the past I only got a few calls all seemed serious but they needed financing & in this market that's almost impossible on a 20+ year old boat

I just advertised it again with a lower price maybe I'll get lucky
Old 02-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put a take it or leave it price on it, you own it out right and know what you want. You will still have the people that want to trade and have to deal with looking at what they have. I sell stuff all the time and price it more than fair because if I am selling it I am done with it, but I tell them before they come to look at it that I will not haggle if they offer less I go up double what they went down.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

I just listed our Four Winns hope it goes.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Put a take it or leave it price on it, you own it out right and know what you want. You will still have the people that want to trade and have to deal with looking at what they have. I sell stuff all the time and price it more than fair because if I am selling it I am done with it, but I tell them before they come to look at it that I will not haggle if they offer less I go up double what they went down.
+1 Just put what you want for it and cut the games, everyone selling knows the rock bottom price. My last boat granted nothing like some of yours sold in 17 days not too long ago.
1. Clean 2. Priced right for the market
My grandfather always told me your first loss is your smallest loss when selling. It is true you can wait and hold out for more money and the value only goes down or sell it and move on...

Can you continue to give us some more updates of funny questions as the boat is for sale PLEASE!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I guess Im lucky, I hardly got any calls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.