Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Just Wasn't Meant to be this Week-End!!!! >

Just Wasn't Meant to be this Week-End!!!!

Notices

Just Wasn't Meant to be this Week-End!!!!

Old 05-20-2002, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Just Wasn't Meant to be this Week-End!!!!

I can't believe my luck sometimes. Preparing to go boating saturday and found a small leak in one of my trany coolers. No big deal, I pulled it out and brazed it. put in back in and started engines to check for additional problems. Thats where it gets good. The starter hung up and broke the bendix off. I ran to Ray Hankey's shop and he had a used starter that he didn't know if it worked but I figured I could at least use the bendix out of it if it didn't. Of course it didn't so I took it apart and reaized the bendixes were different. I then cleaned and half assed rebuilt the starter with parts from both starters and installed it. (Damn It, I'm going Boating!!!!) I roll the motor 1 revelution and evidently a piece of the old bendix get stuck between the flywheel and trany housing and locks the motor up!!!! I can't roll it over with either direction with a breaker bar. At that point I QUIT!!! I guess I'll start pulling the motor this week to get the piece out, because Hell or High Water, I will not sit at home on Memeorial Day Week-End!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2002, 09:00 AM
Banned

I hope you have better luck fixing it now. Where are you going to be boating on the holiday? We haven't decided what we're going to do yet. The ramps are such a zoo next weekend.
Old 05-20-2002, 09:06 AM
Registered

I will probably go to Shell. I think I'll use Bay Pines ramp but put in Friday and keep the boat on a friend's lift to avoid ramp Kaos