Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   cat bounce (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/247481-cat-bounce.html)

Baja555 02-12-2011 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 3322601)
really?I'm just curious if you could please post pics of your cat and what V's you have owned in order to make this type of comment? is this from what you have read or actually experienced? please let us know your age and what other boats you have had to be giving out advice seemingly based on experience. :)

HAHAHA

ElimiNordic 02-12-2011 05:19 PM

Do you have a boat?

offshoredrillin,

This a post he sent me when I asked the same thing. It pretty much says it all

Hi and thanku... i dont own my own boat... my parents live in LHC and own an Elim Cat..im in so. cali,,.. I am not in the income bracket to get myself in debt with a boat right now..mayb someday... My im a huge powerboat/catamaran lover and study up on alot on whats out there new/used online and in articles.... so i enjoy sharing my questions/thoughts/views about diff makes/models out there..... I get alot of neg replys, but its funny,,, its just OSO talk.

Did u buy the 36 w/ 700s, nxts? I recently saw it forsale?
how bout a pic?

He is a young boy who dreams of someday being one of the many heros he has here on OSO. I like him and think he has a place here, just not as resident expert on all things asked.

Baja555 02-12-2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic (Post 3322716)
offshoredrillin,

Hi and thanku... i dont own my own boat... my parents live in LHC and own an Elim Cat..im in so. cali,,.. I am not in the income bracket to get myself in debt with a boat right now..mayb someday... My im a huge powerboat/catamaran lover and study up on alot on whats out there new/used online and in articles.... so i enjoy sharing my questions/thoughts/views about diff makes/models out there..... I get alot of neg replys, but its funny,,, its just OSO talk.

how bout a pic?

He is a young boy who dreams of someday being one of the many heros he has here on OSO. I like him and think he has a place here, just not as resident expert on all things asked.

very well said.. nobody is knocking pr388 for his age or for wanting a high dollar offshore powerboat.. just dont give your opinions as factual...

wot 02-12-2011 05:33 PM

opinions...

offshoredrillin 02-12-2011 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic (Post 3322716)
offshoredrillin,

how bout a pic?

I agree 100% I dont have an issue with his age at all, I do have a problem with him or anyone (chris sunkin) that states things they read as fact. I think its awesome that younger people want to participate however we have all seen and heard the things that uninformed individuals do just to be a part of the conversation, regardless of age. he should read some posts fron fastfun2/Johnny Saris, who as a teenager handled himself in a dignified manner, learned from his father and became a friend to many as well as a respected now adult on the board.

offshoredrillin 02-12-2011 05:40 PM

Secondly, be yourself, people know my screen name, but they also know when someone refers as Rob, its me, don't worry about hiding, it's a web community, the only people that hide their identity's usually have something to hide...:D

oh i have been known to answer to dumbass every so often too.:evilb:

wot 02-12-2011 05:56 PM

Your comparing donuts to apples partner. And I think a few people may take these internet forums way to seriously.

Wet-N-Wild 02-12-2011 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic (Post 3322626)
PokerRun,
I am not trying to get on your case, but people come here to OSO with questions about their boats and to get information about problems or specific issues with specific boats. You do not help anyone when you post to a thread like this or the other thread from a guy who wanted info about a Nor Tech and was looking for good, true feedback about a cat when your experience is simply reading magazines about these boats. I am sure anyone who spends time here knows who you are and they would not take your information as first person, but the danger lies in the first timer you answered about the bounce of a cat thinking you have experience about what you post here. He would not know you do not own a cat and have no boating experience and you diminish the value of forums like this. It is hard enough for someone to weed through all the different opinions of all the people who actually have owned and operated these boats without your answers to
threads you know nothing about. I do not want to hurt your feelings, but add to a thread if you have true knowledge or experience that will help and do not pretend to know the answer to something specific about a Nor-tech cat. As far as your question about my 36, you have asked the same thing of me over and over again and I have answered you many times. Either you don’t read the answer or you forget, but you ask me over and over again the same thing. You will know when I go to Havasu and it will not be before the end of the month, as I am really busy at work now and do not have time. Sorry to be testy with you, but your answers to threads like this irritate me.

Tastefully done, hood job:)

FRMULTR 02-12-2011 06:00 PM

Here's my opinion...."The longer I own my Fastech, the more I miss my Daytona"

Wet-N-Wild 02-12-2011 06:14 PM

Well I have gotten alot of good info off of these forums and truthfully I think everyone tastes are different and you really need to do your homework before you buy or do any upgrades to your boat. We all have different things we want out of our boats and all can't afford the same boats or upgrades. The best thing is to find what works for you and enjoy it with family and friends. Good luck to everyone and enjoy what you have this upcoming summer:)