Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   cat bounce (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/247481-cat-bounce.html)

fishinrod 02-12-2011 12:42 PM

cat bounce

Im a new member and trying to learn about cats, no experience with them but they look awesome. I just was reading up on the 31 American offshore about porpusing. they even have a review on there website from powerboat magazine. Is this something that all cats do? I know most of the big ones have tunnel tabs, is this how this problem is generally fixed. I just dont want a cat if its gonna do this everytime in flat water. Thanks for any advice.

PokerRun388 02-12-2011 01:36 PM

Cats will always have a nicer ride than any Vee hull,, however if u dont have any experience with a cat, then you mite wanna take a class and talk to others who own them for advice... Its an air-entrapment hull,, so insurance is higher for a reason..
Not all cats bounce,,, it just depends on the bottom and driver ability....Not sure what size/price range your in,, but you can start at a 25/27 or if moneys no option,, a 1+mill Skater/MTI

Just my .02......Good luck w/ your search....
always check ride/drive before buying... :drink:

offshoredrillin 02-12-2011 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by PokerRun388 (Post 3322594)
Cats will always have a nicer ride than any Vee hull,, however if u dont have any experience with a cat, then you mite wanna take a class and talk to others who own them for advice... Its an air-entrapment hull,, so insurance is higher for a reason..
Not all cats bounce,,, it just depends on the bottom and driver ability....Not sure what size/price range your in,, but you can start at a 25/27 or if moneys no option,, a 1+mill Skater/MTI

really?I'm just curious if you could please post pics of your cat and what V's you have owned in order to make this type of comment? is this from what you have read or actually experienced? please let us know your age and what other boats you have had to be giving out advice seemingly based on experience. :)

SS930 02-12-2011 01:56 PM

And there you have it...

Oh, this one should be juicy! What say you 388??? :eek:

LMAO!!!! :D

cigboat1 02-12-2011 02:05 PM

I agree with offshoredrillin; Please enlighten us ! We all would like to know if you know------- Too many pretenders !!!!!

Jim

Catastrophe 02-12-2011 02:08 PM

What they said.

wgg 02-12-2011 02:17 PM

"Days of Thunder" ... what do you know about driving a stock car "watched Espn great coverage"

PokerRun388 02-12-2011 02:19 PM

Im just giving my opinion to the question asked... If you dont agree w/ me its cool,, but you dont have to put me down and rip my comments on every post......Its just OSO talk....

Instead of putting me down, you can just simply disagree w/ me and answer the guys question based on your knowledge and experience... Im just giving my opinion based other drivers ive talked to at DS such as Teague, Tomlinson and others over the years... They all love the ride of a Cat vs. Vee

Im not saying im right,, just giving my OPINION....

.....:drink:

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-12-2011 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by PokerRun388 (Post 3322594)

Its an air-entrapment hull,, so insurance is higher for a reason..
Oh so its the air entrapment hull thats makin my Ins so eXpensive :lolhit:

Catastrophe 02-12-2011 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by PokerRun388 (Post 3322615)
Im just giving my opinion to the question asked... If you dont agree w/ me its cool,, but you dont have to put me down and rip my comments on every post......Its just OSO talk....

Instead of putting me down, you can just simply disagree w/ me and answer the guys question based on your knowledge and experience... Im just giving my opinion based other drivers ive talked to at DS such as Teague, Tomlinson and others over the years... They all love the ride of a Cat vs. Vee

Im not saying im right,, just giving my OPINION....

.....:drink:

You shouldnt have an opinion because you dont know what you are talking about.

Next time you want to interject without any knowledge prefice your post like this.......................

" I talked once to a guy that actually drove a cat and he said..."

" Insurance may be more expensive.....try confirming that with someone that has owned one ( I havent , so I'm talking through my azz) "