Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   HORBA welcomes racers to the 2011 season (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/247484-horba-welcomes-racers-2011-season.html)

Offshore Dreamer 02-16-2011 01:55 PM

Top Banana,
Could you recommend any decent spectator viewing sites for this race, aside for the staring port?

As a way to raise money for this event, would there be any "spectator" boats at the start/finish for an appropriate fee?

I live on the beach on the North shore, but you guys run to far offshore to see anything except rooster tales ;)

Top Banana 02-16-2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Offshore Dreamer (Post 3328203)
Top Banana,
Could you recommend any decent spectator viewing sites for this race, aside for the staring port?

As a way to raise money for this event, would there be any "spectator" boats at the start/finish for an appropriate fee?

I live on the beach on the North shore, but you guys run to far offshore to see anything except rooster tales ;)

Anyone interested in viewing or helping out as a volunteer, should contact Billy Frenz at his NPBA website. He is always looking for people to help put the events on.

Top Banana 02-23-2011 06:01 PM

This event had a great reception from the many people I spoke to at Miami boat show.

Tried to encourage some more manufacturers to enter .....to really highlight their product....we'll see.

We will help anyone to get ready for this event. Once you do it, you will love it.

SS930 04-06-2011 11:14 AM

TTT for a little more publicity. :)

And hopefully all those OL boys will be able to make it all the way around this year! :D

OL40SVX 04-06-2011 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3369973)
TTT for a little more publicity. :)

And hopefully all those OL boys will be able to make it all the way around this year! :D

Dont blame the manufacture blame the faulty equipment that had design flaws.

SS930 04-06-2011 11:23 AM

Suggestion

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 3322587)
Thinkfast Films has interested ESPN in providing television coverage, so do not be surprised to see them on-board at his years event. Our Kattack satellite tracking devices will provide live position and speed updates on the internet.

Any chance of getting a smart-phone app. for this? I watched the start of the race from my home computer and then went out on the water to show support but quickly found my iphone was not able to track the boat(s) via your tracking link. It was nice to get out on the water, but it would have been nice if the folks that turned out to show support and spectate weren't 'left in the dark' as to what was going on. I'm sure the team(s) would have loved to know where the other boats were as well...

Thanks again for putting this on. I have faith this event will take off in the coming years! :cool:

SS930 04-06-2011 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by OL40SVX (Post 3369976)

I was referring to the boat(s) that dropped out. Were there mechanical problems though? I thought I had heard not everyone wanted to bother since conditions would have made a record setting attempt difficult, so they dropped out fairly early in the race and decided it wasn't worth their effort.

T2x 04-06-2011 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by OL40SVX (Post 3369976)

Racers are all the same....it's either

"I won"

or

"I would have won............. but"

There should be a rule stating simply... let the results speak for themselves.

OldSchool 04-06-2011 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 3370014)
Racers are all the same....it's either

"I won"

or

"I would have won............. but"

There should be a rule stating simply... let the results speak for themselves.

+100