Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where did the "SBI Cheating" go? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24749-where-did-sbi-cheating-go.html)

Ruben Bermudez 05-21-2002 09:13 PM

and a free copy of Roberts Rules of Order goes to...

Ya ever wonder why
there's an alphabet soup of sanctioning bodies
out there in motorsports land?

It's 'cause everybody doesn't want to do things
the same exact way.

Personally, I think the SBI rulebook
is written/laid out the way it is
JUST to scare away folks
that wanna complain about RULES
and the enforcement thereof.

F'rinstance, in SBI F-2,
it would appear the only IMPORTANT rule is:

To finish first, you must beat Reggie Fountain's boys.

You like this rule?
Then You race SBI.

Don't like this rule?
Find an organization with rules you like.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

thunderdan 05-21-2002 09:18 PM

Goodfella,

it sucks when that happens....:( Sorry to hear your fellow co-workers got harrassed and then ultimately you.

NYSpeeddemon 05-22-2002 12:05 AM

First I would like to say i am new to the site and I think it's great. I have been reading all of the posts regarding the SBI race and the possibility of cheating. I have been jumping back and forth from the SBI site to the APBA site and I must say it does appear there may be something going on. If you look at the average speeds of F-2 in SBI and F-2 in APBA there is a susbstancial differance actually 5 tp 6 MPH. From talking to people at both events the water was about the same. NOW HERE IS THE INTERSTING PART! Muscle Racing is a SUPER V with (Twin 1000s I believe). Invensys Fountain is a factory 2 with (twin 500's). Now there average speed is only 2 miles an hour less then the super V's. I have a hard time with this. I am dialing in my 37 Outerlimits with twin staggered 500 efi's. I am planing to start racing it in June in SBI. I promise you, If they want my boat in there circuit the first 3 boats are going to be dynoed or I will be putting up my checkbook for The $2500 to have the winners motors torn down. I did not just get done spending over $400k to get beat by racer's using questionble methods or "Bumping it up" as another member referred to in an earlier post.

SUPER V WINNER AVG.SPEED
V-2 Muscle 84.9 85.5 83.7 86.1 27.0 85.11

FACTORY 2 WINNER AVG. SPEED
F2-15 Invensys Fountain 83.2 84.6 85.2 79.4 27.0 83.08

Philip 05-22-2002 12:15 AM

Welcome, New to this site? with a 40' Skater you are not new to racing. Were you at Skaterfest? What is the name of tyour boat? Tell us about yourself.
Philip

NYSpeeddemon 05-22-2002 12:24 AM

Hi Phillip, Thank you! No I wasn't at Skaterfest. My Skater is having it's new Sterlings installed this week and should be ready for the Long Weekend. I wish I could have made it!! I use my Skater for pleasure. I just set up an Outerlimits that will be ready for racing in June!

Philip 05-22-2002 12:29 AM

NYspeeddemon, Outerlimits, F-2? you should have stopped in. Mike D' From Sterling was there both days. You could have gotten him to throw a few more HP in. Which engines are you getting? Where do you run the Skater? what is the name? we run a 32' classic outboard.

NYSpeeddemon 05-22-2002 12:53 AM

I wasn't at the race this past weekend. My Skater is named The Ultimate Sin. My outerLimits will be named what ever the sponsor with the most money wants it to be. I keep my boat in Jersey but do a lot of New York boating in the Summer California in the winter.

Philip 05-22-2002 01:36 AM

NYspeed, Good luck with the OL, I am sure that by the time you start to race it you will be one of the OSO family, and we will be cheering you on. I will watch for your first start, and then your first win. Hope to see your Skater some time this summer. If you see a 32' Skater trying to catch you, (note i said trying) stop and say hello.
Philip

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-22-2002 07:51 AM

NYSpeeddemon Welcome to the OSO Family...Good luck with both your boats.
Shark

Hauling Trash 05-22-2002 08:20 AM

Originally posted by snglestack
nit2win think you should get over being booted by cambel and get on with your life the same none racers on this board t2x davep mike merola etc. etc. etc. do all the moaning while the racers are out doing what they enjoy raceing chew on that thougt for a while
:D

WHAT IS THIS ABOUT ????????

:confused: :confused: :confused:

THE MAN WITH ALL THE FACTS..