Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Skaterfest - or - Uncle Toys goes to the mountain. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24760-skaterfest-uncle-toys-goes-mountain.html)

Uncle Toys 05-20-2002 12:43 PM

Here is a picture of the inside of On the Prowl while they were cleaning her up for display. Notice the chrome bars below the back seat. Those are retractable foot rests/supports. Push the button and they extend to fit your size. Is that trick or what? Too Old, how'd they work?

Uncle Toys 05-20-2002 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops, heres the pix.

Philip 05-20-2002 12:57 PM

Hi Unc. Too bad you had to leave before going out on that ride, I think Too Old is still smiling from that ride, if he will post a current picture I am sure you will see that smile. I hoped that picture would come out a little better, but the combined knowledge in that boat was awesome. Doug Lewis, Engine builder, rigger, throttle man extraordinaire, just looking at all of the trick innovative items in “On The Prowl;” showcases his talent, Pat Patel, World and national champion, Don Q Racing and one of the hardest chargers the sport has ever seen, Peter Hledin Skater Boats, he put the "Skater" in Skaterfest and George Linder. Two of the greatest designers, and boat builders off all time, between these two guys the records and wins they hold will never be beaten, and Mike D’iannabelle from Sterling Engines, For the most part, take a look at the boats waving the flags, and you will see Sterling Engines on the side. There is still another picture floating around, I think Stan Gordon has it, that has T2x with this group. The other half of the Linder/Luhrs combination, George Linder told us about a few of the T2x test pilot runs in the Shadow Cats, If it could be broken, tested to the limit, and the limit exceeded, they sent T2x out with the boats. He would come back in holding broken parts, and say, build it better, not good enough yet.

Uncle Toys 05-20-2002 01:37 PM

Hey Philip, don't worry about saying Hav???, I still can't say Barn???? Bay either:D :D

Uncle Toys 05-20-2002 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The next series of pictures are of Pat Patel’s 46’ Skater Supreme, and boy is it ever supreme. Hard to describe just how big this boat is; the pictures certainly do not portray the size correctly. Watching them launch this boat and fire it up was certainly the show stopper (while I was there).

Uncle Toys 05-20-2002 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The most amazing part of his boat, to me, are these drives. Standing there looking at them, you get the feeling your seeing the future. If you look at the top right of the picture you see a small vertical stainless rod. I guess that’s how the drive adjusts the X dimension while under way.

Uncle Toys 05-20-2002 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You might have noticed these props in the previous picutre. Wow!

Uncle Toys 05-20-2002 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A boat like this draws quite a crowd just getting put in the water.

Uncle Toys 05-20-2002 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What are those thing in front of Doug, pop up windshields?

Uncle Toys 05-20-2002 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Notice Otto checking this out. What's he thinking? (I can take this guy!)