If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Uncle Toys

Skaterfest - or - Uncle Toys goes to the mountain.

Just back in the office after Skaterfest. What an incredible experience! What with all the awesome boats, meeting all the OSO people, beautiful Joizy, etc, etc. But the most impressive thing about the weekend was T2x.

I have been around many successful individuals in my day and they all have a common thread, they all chafe at any obstacle that impedes their forward progress. But when T2x changed the weather Saturday, you had to be impressed!

When I first arrived at Skaterfest Saturday morning, T2x was noticeably irritated with the uncooperative - mother nature. She was was cold, windy, and raining. Although none of the attendants appeared to mind, we were all to busy enjoying the boats, friends, and legends at hand. T2x was obviously unhappy. Next thing I knew, he disappeared for a while and the rain stopped! When T2x reappeared he was substantially more calm and satisfied looking. Very impressive T2x!

I have a bunch of pictures to sift through today. Will try and give commentary where I can remember something useful. But I want to start off with a funny story.

Sunday, after changing the weather again (he arranged for blue skies and sunny), T2x motioned me over to Bud’s awesome 36’ Skater, “On the Prowl,” for a ride. Unfortunately I had just started saying my goodbyes as I had an early plane to catch. So T2x said to go get Too Old. Here is a couple of pictures of Too Old sitting in my seat – damn! You should have seen the look on his face sitting in that seat waiting to leave. He looked like a little kid just chosen by Santa to ride on the sleigh.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uncle Toys
    Thats Too Old in the back on the port side.

Uncle Toys
    Hold on tight Too Old!

p.s. That's T2x at the throttles and Bud, the owner, at the wheel.

LOTO / O.P. KS
    Uncle Toys ~

BOY, You sure do get around! I had no idea you were going to the Skaterfest. You should have just hopped on a plane or a train, and moseyed down this way to LOTO!!

Looks like you had a great time.

Hey, when you get a sec, I sent you an e-mail regarding your address. I have something to mail to you and want to send it off before I leave for the weekend. THanks dahling!!

Uncle Toys
    Special thanks to Philip (my mentor) for talking me into coming out for this get together. Philip, here is the picture you told me to take. Thought it would be much better if you did the commentary here and told the board who all is in this boat.

Uncle Toys
    Here I am behind the wheel of Bud's boat. Honey, look what followed me home - can I keep it?

Charter Member Charter Member Hauling Trash's Avatar
    My Boats:
    22 Hustler
    Beachwood N.J.
    It was great to meet you uncle toys, How was your fly home.

My Boats:
    2009 FORMULA 292
    Lake George, NY it's not called "Queen of American Lakes" for nothin'!
    Uncle Toys,

GREAT MEETING YOU! Didn't know we had so much in common. I'll help you out with the faces.

Standing on the deck of his Pleasure 46 is Pat Patel
    Seated at the controls is, engine builder, host, throttleman and overall boat extraordinaire Doug Lewis.
    Standin in the back in the yellow and red jacket is designer and builder of the Shadow Cat, Challenger, Chris Cat and others, offshore legend George Lindner.
    To George's left, (our right) is THE ONE AND ONLY PETER HLEDIN!
    The other guys I cannot make out, maybe 36Spectre?
    Puder, sorry I missed you!

Uncle Toys
    Here is a picture of On the Prowls engines. These are 1,000hp monsters WITHOUT blowers. Bud commissioned Doug Lewis to build him big horsepower, without blowers, that would last at least 200 hours. Those are the electronic marvels he came up with. 640ci with the ability to switch to 87 octane if necessary - while on the water. Wow, should have heard them purr around the dock.

Allergic to Nonsense Platinum Member T2x's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
    Granite Quarry, NC
    The gentleman partially hidden by Pat Patel is Mike D'anniballe of Sterling Engines................. He's shy...and a little party'd out, I'm sure.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast