Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Official Skaterfest Thank You's (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24764-official-skaterfest-thank-yous.html)

Shanghied Again 05-20-2002 09:18 PM

We had a great time!

To Everyone, We had such a great time. Even though it was cold and rainy on Saturday, We wouldn't have been anywere else. To everyone that put this together what a great job you all did,
We are wishing Doug the best!!!
Frank and Melissa

boat nut 05-21-2002 01:15 AM

Fantastic event!

To All OSO Members,

I'm finally able to sit down and read the OSO board, and enjoy all the great threads everyone is posting about SKATERFEST II. I wish I could find the right words to describe this event to everyone. I'm sorry all of you could not make it. To have this kind of opportunity, to mingle with this group of people, and ask any question concerning anything about boats, was a very special treat! I'm telling you, don't miss the next one!!

Peter Hledin told us that Skater is producing a V bottom boat in conjunction with Baja, and it should be out in August of this year. It will be 39' long with a 9' beam. Skater is also coming out with a new model cat. It will be a 30 footer!! Due out much later in the year.

Thanks to all who gave so much of themselves in making this a sucessfull event. Special thanks to Rich Luhrs(T2X) who orchestrated this entire event. What a gentlemen he is!

I got to go out for a ride in a Mike Fusco's 40 footer with turbine engines. IT was myself, Peter Hledin, Pat Patell, and of course Mike. I will never forget this ride ............176 MPH!!!!!!! It was unbelievable for ALL of us in this boat.

I do have some great pictures that I will able to post tomorrow night. It was a pleasure meeting all of the people that I listen to and talk to on this board for the last 2 years. Hope to see everyone next SKATERFEST!!

Stan Gordon (boat nut)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-21-2002 06:27 AM

If anyone that has pictures from SKATERFEST could please email them to RONP who is on this board, he can get a collection together and have them all up in one place for all to enjoy. Thanks!;)

T2x 05-21-2002 10:36 AM

TTT

Uncle Toys 05-21-2002 12:33 PM

I can seriously relate to you Too Old – now that I too have had “a good nights sleep.”:D I also agree with you on your assessment of T2x!

DaveP – I believe you have written the most profound thing I have read on OSO, “A wealth of knowledge without a wealth of egos.” That has to be a major party of why this board is so special! You are spot on – I never heard anyone say anything close to “mine is bigger, better, faster, etc.”

Ditto the thanks to the owners who allowed us to crawl around on their boats, touch, ask repetitive questions, etc. Especially Bud who spent a large amount of time with me answering all my questions with open and honest answers. I just love your boat! I believe Bud told me he is not a member of OSO, so if someone who knows him could express my appreciation to him; I would be in your debt – thanks!

To all my Jersey brothers who made me feel like I was visiting family – thank you! Your state is beautiful, your love of boating is infectious, and I just love the way you guys talk!

Ron P 05-21-2002 12:54 PM

We loved having you. And any member of OSO is family.

I liked your comment about NJ being beutiful. Most of NJ is very nice, just as long as you close your eyes while leaving Newark airport. I guess seeing green trees and grass is a real treat for southern CA folks.

Are you saying we talk funny? Fogetaboutit.

Please come visit with us again next year. Maybe it will be a little warmer. Thanks for making the effort to make it out this way.

boat nut 05-21-2002 01:35 PM

Fred (Too Old),

As always, I really like the way you have described to everyone, the weekend that we got to experience. I especially enjoyed your comments about T2X!! ( HOW TRUE IT IS!!)

I don't want to list everyone that I got to meet, because I don't want to offend anyone by leaving them off the list. Suffice to say that it was great meeting everyone and thankyou for your hospitality.

Boat Nut

T2x 05-21-2002 10:06 PM

ttt