Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
cost on re-doing the seats? >

cost on re-doing the seats?

Notices

cost on re-doing the seats?

Old 02-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a Shooter, 272, or the Sport 270? Not to say that a local shop will do a nice job also, but we have one advantage over them. We have the original factory (flat) patterns to work with, and contacts with the Baja vendors that produced the molded foam, vinyl, seat frames, ect. The three of us had 20+ years (each) in the design department with Baja. Lane designed the interiors from 1988 to 2008, and his wife Bev supervised the sewing department at Baja.

We are working on a 36 Outlaw from the Chicago area now, (Rooster22 on OSO) and he stated that we are about 6 hours from him. He will be heading this way soon to get his boat.

$3500.00 and we will replace all your rotted plywood, and use the new "Prolite" plastic material. One time offer! Like someone said, when your too busy the pricing go's up.

XT
Attached Thumbnails cost on re-doing the seats?-imgp4463.jpg   cost on re-doing the seats?-imgp4472.jpg   cost on re-doing the seats?-imgp4552.jpg  

cost on re-doing the seats?-imgp5799.jpg   cost on re-doing the seats?-imgp4622.jpg  
Old 02-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
I got quotes from XT and some local shops and everyone came in at about the same price, $3,500. THis was to recover all cockpit panels and seats. This is with no repair of rotted wood, foam etc. Also I pulled all interior panels and will be putting them back in once the vinyl work is done. Since you are in the Great Lakes area I would assume pricing for you would be similar as I am in Detroit. Oh, mine was for a Velocity 260 so cockpit size is similar.
How did your rear bench seating turn-out?
Old 02-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Do you have a Shooter, 272, or the Sport 270? Not to say that a local shop will do a nice job also, but we have one advantage over them. We have the original factory (flat) patterns to work with, and contacts with the Baja vendors that produced the molded foam, vinyl, seat frames, ect. The three of us had 20+ years (each) in the design department with Baja. Lane designed the interiors from 1988 to 2008, and his wife Bev supervised the sewing department at Baja.

We are working on a 36 Outlaw from the Chicago area now, (Rooster22 on OSO) and he stated that we are about 6 hours from him. He will be heading this way soon to get his boat.

$3500.00 and we will replace all your rotted plywood, and use the new "Prolite" plastic material. One time offer! Like someone said, when your too busy the pricing go's up.

XT
Is that for the cabin and cockpit?

I am looking at purchasing a Baja 272
Old 02-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$3,500 sounds like a steal of a deal!!

Can you tell us where you can purchase the prolite sheets?

I googled it but nothing came up...

If I was closer to XT Innovator, my stuff would be there in a heartbeat!